Prop Guard create unsafe flight??

Reaction score
Just bought Prop Guards for my P2V+. I feel that the flight in a bit windy situation is quite unsafe. I always flight in GPS mode to avoid instability and minimize crash risk, however the craft was unusually unstable vertically as well a horizontally) and much more difficult to control. Is it normal? Did anybody experience the same?

Yep, 100% normal.

Hence why 99% of the forum will advise you against prop-guards for many more reasons to save you from crashing. :lol:

Prop guard will protect your v+ against obstacles it might encounter. If you plan to fly high, above all ground obstacles (nothing above the horizon from your FPV) you do not need it. But if you fly low, around people and trees and building, The guard is absolutely needed. Check out my use of the guard when fly low:
http://youtu.be/cF3ThQmp_CY

yali said:
Prop guard will protect your v+ against obstacles it might encounter. If you plan to fly high, above all ground obstacles (nothing above the horizon from your FPV) you do not need it. But if you fly low, around people and trees and building, The guard is absolutely needed. Check out my use of the guard when fly low:
http://youtu.be/cF3ThQmp_CY

I think the point is made. Safety and security with no loss of control. Well demonstrated although it would not do to linger to long under tree cover due to possible loss of satellite connection. A demonstration almost to the point of destruction a couple of times as well. Very brave of you I thought. A caveat I always add if you are in North America with vast open spaces and absolutely no people prop guards may wel be dispensed with. Here on a small island and flying as I do where there are always likely to be people they could stop a very severe accident occuring. Plus as everybody is entreated to hand catch now surely with prop guards it is much safer?

I have my Phantom for 3 weeks now and I alway's (but a few exceptions) flying with the prop guards.
In my opinion, the copter is quite stable and steers very well. Horizontally as well as vertically.
It is off course less agile and your flying time is reduced to an average of 15 minutes.
Satisfied!

Ton

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20