Prop dyeing question

Does anyone offer a service where I could send them four props and have them dyed a certain color?

maybe Wolfiesden can do it for you... lol... I know I'd trust him... Those props look awesome. :)

That is the bright green i wanted but settled for orange..now i can do the green!! Thanks for the recipe!

Well, heads up. Its going to cost you. The Neon Green is ONLY available in a 1# bag and cost me
$31.73 with shipping. I don't know if they have the Proline dyes in any retail store but it sounded like its only available direct from Rit. According to Rit, approximately 2tbs is whats in the box of retail dye so this bag is about the same as 16 boxes of retail dye.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the remaining .9# of green dye :) Dunno, maybe something for halloween.

Just curious, anyone know if the caps for the batteries can come off easily and can be dyed? Thinking about doing the battery caps to match the props but I am not willing to destroy a $150 battery to do it either.

Im not sure how easy they are to come off..looked like a series of clips that hold them. From all that i have read here a lot say the plastic from the remote and aircraft cannot be dyed using rit because the plastic is different...and thats assuming the batt plastic is the same.... looks like your going to have to experiment with all that dye!!

Like I said, didn't want to destroy a battery trying to take it apart. Hope someone has some instructions like "press here and lift there". I saw what appear to be clips on the sides near the cap base. But I wasn't sure if they could be sprung with a flatblade or not without breaking them. I am hoping there are some non-critical internal pieces under the cap I could possibly break off for chips to dye test.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.