Prop doesnt self tighten

Reaction score
One of my props doesnt self tighten like others do. It makes maybe 1.5 a turn and after i need to tighten it with hand. I flew with this prop all is fine.
Before i had a prop which had the same issue. I threw it away. Got a new one. But as i understand new one or the other one started doing same thing. I cant be changing props every 2 weeks right?

Anybody else has a prop that doesnt spin on till the end like others do?

P.S. i dont use the wrench tool to apply them on, so that would be the reason.

Not sure with language difference but are threads good? They don't 'self tighten', rather they stay tight. Are you getting them tight yourself before flight?

One of my props doesnt self tighten like others do. It makes maybe 1.5 a turn and after i need to tighten it with hand. I flew with this prop all is fine.
Before i had a prop which had the same issue. I threw it away. Got a new one. But as i understand new one or the other one started doing same thing. I cant be changing props every 2 weeks right?

Like that?

It's not my video, but I have exact situation. Don't know if this is a problem or not?

This is not uncommon.

Spin down the props that travel all the way down, and then snug them a bit more by hand.

The other prop should be fine to use as long as you don't see any obvious damage to the blades, hub, or threads. Spin down that prop as far as it will easily go, but of course being careful to not cross thread. When it stops, just hold the motor and spin the prop the rest of the way down. Once all the way down, snug it a bit more by hand as you did with the others.

When the phantom powers up it will tighten them a bit more. That's what is meant by self tightening, but the props still need to be snug first.

So i think that it stops earlier then others thats why i am asking if this is ok. Did you see the video?

On one of my black threads/props the friction is very high after a turn or so, I then have to grip the motor and turn it down to the base for it to be fully home.

So i think that it stops earlier then others thats why i am asking if this is ok. Did you see the video?
Didn't need to see the video. It is common enough that I knew exactly what you meant. If you read my reply again, you'll see that I covered the prop that stops earlier differently than I did for the props that don't stop. Cheers!

I have noticed new props will hav tighter threads. After some use. They will seem to be a bit looser. Thread inspection is a good thing. I had one prop that developed stripped threads.

I have the same issue on one of my props, i'm not concerned.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good to know, I have the same issue and switched out to the other spare prop & had the same issue. Was wondering if the motor shaft threads were damaged. I will just continue to keep an eye on the threads in the hub.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1