Prop Distance from Body?

Reaction score
I was noticing today that if I put the props in an, "X" pattern and look at it from the side, all the props are slightly varying distances from the body. Is that normal?

mine all look the same. Maybe 3/8" from blade tip bottom to top of body arm

mine all look the same. Maybe 3/8" from blade tip bottom to top of body arm

Even if you rotate the blades and look again? For instance, on rotation it's higher than the next rotation. I wonder if my blades are warped? They are the original blades and I've had two minor crashes. But it seems to fly ok.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I rotated mine again, a P3Pro, until x was made and measured from underneath the tip of the blade to top of body with a stainless steel machinist's pocket rule. I still got a 3/8" gap.

In an attempt for clarity....the least gap that existed between the blade and body anywhere was measured at 3/8 inch.

I went and measured mine too - each one with 2 rotations. Mine were close to 3/8 as well - except my last prop (silver going counter clockwise) was 3/8 and 1/2" on the second rotation. Maybe my OCD is getting the best of me, though.

Reactions: mmee1992
I went and measured mine too - each one with 2 rotations. Mine were close to 3/8 as well - except my last prop (silver going counter clockwise) was 3/8 and 1/2" on the second rotation. Maybe my OCD is getting the best of me, though.

Were the props replaced after your crash?

Even if you rotate the blades and look again? For instance, on rotation it's higher than the next rotation. I wonder if my blades are warped? They are the original blades and I've had two minor crashes. But it seems to fly ok.

I had all my blades rotated to an X position. Each over its respective arm and they measured 3/8" clearance.

Were the props replaced after your crash?

Yes. These are brand new. Unless it's the motor/mount but it seems very solid still. No cracks or anything anywhere. Seems to spin true when blade is off (no wobbles).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik