Prop danger! **WARNING** (contains blood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all. Just a friendly reminder to everyone that while these quads are great fun, they can be extremely dangerous, as this fellow found out. I'm not really sure just what he was trying to do but the results speak for themselves.

Always remember when you decide to go flying to use a little common sense. Be aware of your surroundings & don't take risks, fly responsibly. None of us want to see ourselves or other people hurt, so stay away from people, particularly curious onlookers. Even if it means you have to fly it some distance away to land it safely.
Always remove the propellers and/or battery when not in use or working on your Phantom.

This video was posted by CmB in another thread, but I thought it was worth sharing as a reminder these are not toys. For anyone who hasn't seen it, be warned, it is graphic so viewer discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3Hii_LZOc

Happy & safe flying everyone!

Phantom_Menace66 said:
Hi all. Just a friendly reminder to everyone that while these quads are great fun, they can be extremely dangerous, as this fellow found out. I'm not really sure just what he was trying to do but the results speak for themselves.

Always remember when you decide to go flying to use a little common sense. Be aware of your surroundings & don't take risks, fly responsibly. None of us want to see ourselves or other people hurt, so stay away from people, particularly curious onlookers. Even if it means you have to fly it some distance away to land it safely.
Always remove the propellers and/or battery when not in use or working on your Phantom.

This video was posted by CmB in another thread, but I thought it was worth sharing as a reminder these are not toys. For anyone who hasn't seen it, be warned, it is graphic so viewer discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3Hii_LZOc

Happy & safe flying everyone!

This is a re-post. As far as the guy getting hurt is concerned... You really can't fix stupid. People get hurt by snow blowers and lawn mowers for exactly the same reason. Not respecting the equipment and what it can do to you if you're not careful...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
This is a re-post. As far as the guy getting hurt is concerned... You really can't fix stupid. People get hurt by snow blowers and lawn mowers for exactly the same reason. Not respecting the equipment and what it can do to you if you're not careful...

-slinger

Yep, I have a friend who's a great guy but super-impatient. He disabled the safety features on his sit 'n' ride mower because it pissed him off that it stopped every time he got off it. Lost his thumb unclogging the grass shute.

Also he was running the blades of death AKA carbon fiber props. If he had the stoic plastic props his injuries would have been far less.

And the prop guards ware not designed for this props either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic