Prop Damage

Reaction score
I was wondering about this earlier today. Did not intend to find out. In case anyone else was wondering..

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440718723.279333.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440718741.575753.jpg

'Just attached my quick release prop guards - this is just one of the reasons why!
'Hope you cleaned up well.
You earned your "Red Badge of Courage" .Live and learn.

I have turned down requests for aerial pics that required flying directly over other people. I'm keeping these pics to show my reasoning.

Props and motors are fine. Thanks for asking, lol..

I hope you're up to date with your tetanus shot! If not, get a TDaP. Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis.
It used to be just a TD shot but since the resurgence of Whooping Cough in recent years, we now add Pertussis to protect against Whooping Cough. Even CVS is giving these shots now.

Wounds heal better when covered longer and Vitamin E will help with scarring (if you care!).
Free advice from an Urgent Care Physician. Best of luck!

How did that happen, trying to hand land it or did it get away somehow? Just want to know, so I can be more careful doing whatever you were doing.

I hope you're up to date with your tetanus shot! If not, get a TDaP. Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis.
It used to be just a TD shot but since the resurgence of Whooping Cough in recent years, we now add Pertussis to protect against Whooping Cough. Even CVS is giving these shots now.

Wounds heal better when covered longer and Vitamin E will help with scarring (if you care!).
Free advice from an Urgent Care Physician. Best of luck!

Thanks Doc. EMT and former ER Tech here (back in the day when they had them for setting up the the suture trays, etc.) Shots are up to date. A quick Betadine bath for the wounds, some antibiotic cream, and I was back to what I should have been doing to begin with before the temptation of a quick flight got its grip on me - mowing the grass. I really need something for this 'drone fever'.

How did that happen, trying to hand land it or did it get away somehow? Just want to know, so I can be more careful doing whatever you were doing.

Flipped over on landing in some bouncy grass on uneven land. I thought the props were off, but as soon as I picked it up, I found out differently. I probably should have mentioned that. People need to be aware of that.

Flipped over on landing in some bouncy grass on uneven land. I thought the props were off, but as soon as I picked it up, I found out differently. I probably should have mentioned that. People need to be aware of that.
So sorry the P3 fought back, but glad it wasn't worse for you. Thanks for posting your story so we could all be aware and that much more careful. Cheers.

Reactions: JoBe
We need to contact Myth Busters, saw a show the other day they tested the ability of drones to inflict damage of that type. The said it won't really hurt you and has no chance of cutting a jugular vein=BUSTED!

I know, as well as you do that their experiment was a TOTAL FAILURE!

Mine got me once too. Tried to save it from hitting the ground when I got into it with a tree.

Attachments

• 1440731044014.jpg
    1440731044014.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 348

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub