prop damage

Reaction score
Will this do anything with the flying of the fc40?

Attachments

• DSC_0202.JPG
    DSC_0202.JPG
    686.6 KB · Views: 884
yes. Any change to the props will change the behavior of the airflow. Will it be catastrophic? depends on the severity of the damage...
but basically if you damage a prop at all like that the best course is to just get a new prop. they aren't that expensive, would you rather replace a $10 prop or a multi-hundred dollar quadcopter?

I have flown my P2V with props chipped worse than yours with no problem. Others on this forum will tell you that is a no-no, and go into long discussions of prop balancing. Maybe, maybe not. It would be mo' betta you replace the chipped and dinged props, but if you don't, then DO check the props carefully before and after each flight to be darn sure they aren't cracked. You don't want the piece to break off during flight and cause your FC40 to crash. Thus just because props are so absolutely essential, you would be best advised to replace damaged ones. I did.

Looks like mine after i installed the gimbal and camera. I had to learn how to take off all over. Broke a new set of Vision props . Pull back on the right stick a little and hit the throttle :mrgreen:

yea tipovers on takeoff is a very common issue, I personally did it and broke some props the very first time I tried to take off. The trick to taking off with a Phantom regardless of series (P1, P2, Vision etc) is when you're ready to take off, just give it full throttle until it's up in the air. I call it taking off "authoritatively" :) if you try to take off weak by slowly and gradually increasing the throttle it'll tip over.
just hammer the throttle until you're at least a few feet off the ground. no more tipovers!

That prop looks okay to me. Just check that it isn't chipped or cracked. Unlikely to be though. I think you'd notice it quickly :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31