Prop connector on top of motor loose

Reaction score
Just FYI...

I noticed after my last flight (Phantom 4) that one of the prop connectors on top of motor had some play.

I wouldn't call it "loose", but I could feel it more ever so slightly when holding motor with one hand and applying slight turning force with other hand on the connector (without prop installed).

I found the little screws that hold connector on use 1.5M allen wrench and I tightened the screws a little. Play is now gone.

Just to save somebody else the research for tool required and also to maybe save somebody's P4 from falling out of the sky...

Not sure if factory missed adding "Loctite" but you might want apply a little if happen again. In the meantime see good practice from heli world (in my case all ok so just added this optical check;
e1387a13d44842b1334eaf41851d2f7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you sure locktite is good for the parts?

When ordering replacement prop connectors sets they do come with the screws and they have blue lock tight on them so I presume inserting a bit on the screws won't hurt at all.

Just FYI...

I noticed after my last flight (Phantom 4) that one of the prop connectors on top of motor had some play.

I wouldn't call it "loose", but I could feel it more ever so slightly when holding motor with one hand and applying slight turning force with other hand on the connector (without prop installed).

I found the little screws that hold connector on use 1.5M allen wrench and I tightened the screws a little. Play is now gone.

Just to save somebody else the research for tool required and also to maybe save somebody's P4 from falling out of the sky...

Unlike my P3P, the P4 does have some play with prop installed. I wonder if it's normal.

Play forward/reverse is normal until little. When you put props just think grey = clockwise, black = counterwise so you follow mechanic pattern (and opposite for removing).

Kudos to DJI for such great design.
Also stock props are generally well balanced, I can tell you that's not an abvious topic (as helicopter pilot class 700 I balance i.e. each blade both static and dynamic). For P4 all stock blades were just ready to go. Agree not the same but still got impressed.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr