prop balancing

Reaction score
I am wanting to buy a Dubro prop balancer, does anyone know what model number or shaft size required to properly balance props for a phantom 3 ?

LTharle, all of the prop balancing rods listed here are compatible with the Phantom 3.

Reactions: Dounin Front
To balance my props, I simply use the handle of a common x-acto knife. It fits perfectly in the hub, and then I set it on top if a thin lipped glass on a level surface. I have found the P3 props to be very balanced and have only had to use a small piece of tape on 3 of the 8 props that came with my P3. I suppose I could get the Du-Bro for ~$25 US and then more for the P3 rod. Lord (and my wife) knows I love to buy things, but sometimes I also go with something free and simple that works well enough. Maybe that's an alternative you can consider.

Reactions: JoBe and snowghost
I balance with the Du-Bro and purchased the proper balance rod from Amazon.. already linked above... side note, do NOT use the rubber retainer that comes with the included Du-Bro shafts.. that rubber piece is often thinner on one side and therefore doesn't properly balance. Spend the extra and get the proper rod. Does anyone think that using fingernail polish is a bad idea? That's what I've been using and as of this morning, I posted this review for balancing... I would appreciate opinions on that. Click here to see my balancing system... Great Discussion

I balance with the Du-Bro and purchased the proper balance rod from Amazon.. already linked above... side note, do NOT use the rubber retainer that comes with the included Du-Bro shafts.. that rubber piece is often thinner on one side and therefore doesn't properly balance. Spend the extra and get the proper rod. Does anyone think that using fingernail polish is a bad idea? That's what I've been using and as of this morning, I posted this review for balancing... I would appreciate opinions on that. Click here to see my balancing system... Great Discussion
Nice review and video. I see it wasn't primarily for the DuBro at all.
Nail polish seems like a great idea. I just use black electrical tape on my CF props. It's nearly invisible. I can estimate how big of piece it will need (usually very small) and attach it lightly so I can move it up and down the blade's underside to achieve perfect balance.
Regarding the DuBro 499, while it still is the best out there for balancing IMO, I agree with others that the included hardware (nuts and threaded assembly rods are crap.) I used my own nuts and set it up permanently for use with Phantom props.
DuBro has commented to a few of the bad reviews on Amazon that they will replace any problem units. There is still no excuse for it however.
The pieces that do the balancing work beautifully though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl