Prop Balancing

Reaction score
Got my vision today but sadly not in time to fly it before dark and full charging. Anyway, I was wondering if others are balancing their props. Is it necessary? I have an unused prop balancer I got for Phantom 1 but I ended up sending back that Phantom before I used the prop balancer.

I just screwed the props on straight out of the pack and flew it after chargin it up when it arrived last Friday. Breezy conditions, it was stable as anything, no noticeable jell-o vibration on video at all, no funny noises, no trying to vibrate itself off the flight case I was using as a launch pad. It flew fantastically even with surface winds in the low-teens mph, guting to mid-teens, winds aloft probably 50% stronger. I've never flown anything as big as a Phantom before (micro-quads before now, fixed wing RC years ago) and it flattered my skill levels.

I'd say if the props aren't balanced from the factory then they don't need to be unless you are going to start to get super-perfectionist... in which case you probably don't want a P2V for aerial video anyway?! :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj