Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Prop Balancers

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by adreyzasran, Dec 12, 2014.

1. adreyzasran

Anyone knows or recommends prop balancers that are good at a decent price? Also easy to use maybe?

2. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Du-Bro has one which I just bought. You also need to buy a balancing rod that threads onto the P2 props.

I used to think balancing props was just for enthusiasts with too much time on their hands but in the pursuit of the clearest video possible, I am now giving it a shot. What I still need is an instruction video on how to do it. Anyone have any recommendations?

3. p fandango

4. Khudson7

Khudson7 Guest

I bought a balancing rod from here: muscleflex@hotmail.com email for price.

Cheap and very fast delivery and works great on a du-Bro with phantom threaded props.

5. jason

I've used Du-Bro balancer on 8 of my DJI stock 9443 props and all but three needed to be balanced. Two needed light sanding and the other was a hub problem and with a dab of J-B Weld on the light side it balanced perfectly.

6. Gizmo3000

for regular props,. the only one you want to get is a DuBro. hands down.
    balancing the self-tightening props tho, can be tricky I've heard, requiring some additional tools

7. d4ddyo

Nothing tricky or different with self tightening. As long as you have the right balancing rod it works the same. I use the scotch tape method with hot glue for the hubs.

The new ones seem to be better. out of 2 sets (8 Props) ... none had to be balanced .

8. Khudson7

Khudson7 Guest

Yelp, my experience as well...ordered the new props and none needed to be balanced, unlike the previous older props. And as I said in previous post, you need the self tightening rod and it will be a snap.