Prop balancer for p3a

Reaction score
I'm new to flying my drone I have it about a month and I never read anything in the manual about a propeller balancer what is that? And if it is really needed? Which one should I buy

I'm new to flying my drone I have it about a month and I never read anything in the manual about a propeller balancer what is that? And if it is really needed? Which one should I buy
I always purchase DJI props. They do not need balancing.

I've owned an fc40, 2x Pv2+ and now the P3P. From the factory some of the props on all of them have needed balancing, 4 out the 8 props required balancing on the P3P. Its so important to balance the props as this can cause possible jello in video or even cracks in the plastic holding the motors due to excessive vibrations from unbalanced props.
See this thread. http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/what-is-a-propeller-balancer.45105/

Reactions: UpTo90 and bobmyers
tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif
I have 12 and 4 were out of balance. Maybe I should send them back for warranty replacement.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D j/k

Just buy the rod on eBay and use a regular drinking glass to support the rod. It works great and the rod has the CW and CCW on opposite ends. Search for "DJI Phantom prop balance rod"

You must have better luck than me. Out of 12 props (3 sets), 4 of them were not balanced. IMO you should check all the props anyway because of all the reports of cracking frames near the motors could be caused by unbalanced props. Plus it helps for clearer video.

Just buy the rod on eBay and use a regular drinking glass to support the rod. It works great and the rod has the CW and CCW on opposite ends. Search for "DJI Phantom prop balance rod"
Is this the rod I need or did I get the wrong one for P3A?

DJI Phantom Balance Rod for Balancing Self-Tightening Propellers Props 2 Vision+

Is this the rod I need or did I get the wrong one for P3A?

DJI Phantom Balance Rod for Balancing Self-Tightening Propellers Props 2 Vision+
That's the one. Now just find a drinking glass thats level on top (use a level tool) plus a level table and you're ready to go. One guy told me he uses a food can (green beans anyone?) but I didn't try that. ;) You can use a piece of tape on the light side or some fine sanding paper on the heavy side. I adjusted the middle section (the widest part) and used a disposable fingernail file.

That's the one. Now just find a drinking glass thats level on top (use a level tool) plus a level table and you're ready to go. One guy told me he uses a food can (green beans anyone?) but I didn't try that. ;) You can use a piece of tape on the light side or some fine sanding paper on the heavy side. I adjusted the middle section (the widest part) and used a disposable fingernail file.

Props have two places to check for balance-- One is the blade balance and one is the hub balance-- you also need to check the tracking path to make sure it tracks true--
Here is a simple video--
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks. While waiting for my rod to arrive, I've discovered that the handle of a #1 Xacto knife is a snug fit in the prop hub. I'll experiment to see the difference between the $15 rod and a $2 Xacto.

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks. While waiting for my rod to arrive, I've discovered that the handle of a #1 Xacto knife is a snug fit in the prop hub. I'll experiment to see the difference between the $15 rod and a $2 Xacto.
Just have to be sure that that handle is holding the prop at a 90 degree angle on the tracking will be off.

Just have to be sure that that handle is holding the prop at a 90 degree angle on the tracking will be off.

Yep. The handle bottoms out flat against the threaded part. You can't put it in "****-eyed". Nor is there any play. And I confirmed it's square with a protractor.

Reactions: bobmyers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31