Proof that DJI is broken on RTH

Reaction score
for a bit of fun I was on the train and wanted to see what would happen to litchi recording my home location. Sure enough it was spot on and moving. As you can see by the first pic from litchi it put me right on the rail tracks as I was on the train.

DJI go on the other hand in the second pic... ERM... Yeah
1485436444620.png

And Here is DJI... Wrong as always

1485436478269.png

Neon Euc

for a bit of fun I was on the train and wanted to see what would happen to litchi recording my home location. Sure enough it was spot on and moving. As you can see by the first pic from litchi it put me right on the rail tracks as I was on the train.

DJI go on the other hand in the second pic... ERM... Yeah
View attachment 74472

And Here is DJI... Wrong as always

View attachment 74473

Neon Euc

What version of the DJI Go app was that?

WOW!!! I've been staying away from GO4 (I have a P4), and I've been staying back on GO 3.01 to keep Google Maps. Everything seems to be working fine there...

Is this the problem that affects only the Android version?

I'm using DJI GO4 and I'm actually surprised at how incredibly accurate the GPS location is. Maybe you being on a moving train caused some interference?

I'm using DJI GO4 and I'm actually surprised at how incredibly accurate the GPS location is. Maybe you being on a moving train caused some interference?
Even with the moving train the litchi was spot on and moved with the train. As you can see in the pic it's so accurate it listed me as being on the tracks. DJI on the other hand listed me as quite a distance away xx

Neon Euc

Are you using an Android M or above? Did you give permission to location? That could be in play as well.

I don't know iPhones and how they handle that sort of thing.

Where have all you "none-believers" been in the last few days? The forums are full of threads (way too many imo) reporting RTH position problems with the latest dji-go app. Based on the countless pRTH problems reported lately, if I were a betting man I would put my money of Neon conclusion of his "just for fun" experiment over any other possible explanation. .

RTH problems and too many threads.....

Last edited:
Where have all you "none-believers" been in the last few days? The forums are full of threads (way too many imo) reporting RTH position problems with the latest dji-go app. Based on the countless pRTH problems reported lately, if I were a betting man I would put my money of Neon conclusion of his "just for fun" experiment over any other possible explanation. .

RTH problems and too many threads.....
Thanks for the support [emoji4] and as mentioned earlier about the lack of satellite's I had GPS and location on. And remember litchi was spot on, I didn't change anything at all when I tried DJI go.

Neon Euc

It's only bad if you have an android devise which I'm assuming you do? I have this version and use an iPad mini 2 with zero issues what so ever and 20-30 flights deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic