Proof of Purchase for sending in unit.... help

Reaction score
Sending in my P3A for an ESC error crash. In the email they are wanting proof of purchase or otherwise it is logged as out of warranty. I purchased mine new on June 3rd, receiving June 8th, activating warranty with DJI June 10th. I made the purchase on Ebay where it was new. I told DJI on the phone just now that I bought it through a third party seller and told them the name. Has anyone had any problems showing proof from ebay and how did you do it? Any help greatly appreciated as this is the first time Ive had to do anything like this. This was my purchase. Thank you for you help.

upload_2016-7-6_20-14-23.png

I just printed my receipt from eBay and sent it in, they were fine with it. I've never even registered my drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just printed my receipt from eBay and sent it in, they were fine with it. I've never even registered my drone.

You mean you haven't registered your purchase with DJI?

Awesome I hope just sending that in is enough and they wont fight over not being sold through a dealer they only recognize. Mine auto registered when I linked DJI GO app. Warranty and everything started then.

I bought mine from the same seller. They are an authorized dealer, or at least claim to be. Cookie Electronics ran an Ebay daily deal on the P3A a while back. Ebay looks into the companies that they let run daily deals, I doubt they'd let a seller falsely claim to be an authorized dealer on a daily deal.

They are an authorized dealer, or at least claim to be. Cookie Electronics ran an Ebay daily deal on the P3A a while back.
"Cookie Electronics" is not on DJI's list of authorized dealers. Perhaps they are using multiple company names. Either way, DJI should still honor their warranty if the Phantom was brand new when purchased.

"Cookie Electronics" is not on DJI's list of authorized dealers. Perhaps they are using multiple company names. Either way, DJI should still honor their warranty if the Phantom was brand new when purchased.
I've heard the list is not current. Maybe awaiting an update?

It was new and sealed but how can i verify that with DJI if i get any backlash over the seller? Wouldnt it confirm new once i started DJI GO app and online account? The automatic box that popped up saying my warranty has started.. wouldn't that be enough to show it was a new bird?

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've heard the list is not current. Maybe awaiting an update?
Perhaps?

Their list seems to be pretty complete though. Whenever I come across someone who claims to be an authorized DJI dealer, I usually see them on the list.

I don't recall anything about a warranty starting when I set it up.
When you used your Phantom for the first time, DJI GO should have prompted you to register your Phantom -- by logging in, assigning it a name, etc.

Perhaps?

Their list seems to be pretty complete though. Whenever I come across someone who claims to be an authorized DJI dealer, I usually see them on the list.
Maybe a call to DJI would confirm or deny it.

Maybe a call to DJI would confirm or deny it.
I suppose. But, I have little interest in learning about those sellers who aren't on the list. I'd be more interested in knowing if DJI is not going to honor the OP's warranty. It would be the first case I've seen solely due to the fact that the OP purchased from an (allegedly) unauthorized DJI dealer.

I bought mine from cookie electronics and didn't have a problem getting anything fixed through Dji. They just want the receipt to show when you bought it from them so they know if it's still under warranty.

Reactions: Mfoster82
I bought mine from cookie electronics and didn't have a problem getting anything fixed through Dji. They just want the receipt to show when you bought it from them so they know if it's still under warranty.

Awesome thanks! it's at dji now. Got the email notification yesterday that it arrived. Just waiting on good or bad news if cost is covered

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers