Proof of DJI's hoodwinking customer service!!!

Reaction score
First,

Let me start off by stating that I love the Phantom 3 Professional. I love it so much, I have 2 P3P. With that said, I truly believe that DJI'S DOWNFALL will be its costumer awful customer service. I realize that some of you have had good experience with DJI however, the negative outcry that has been widely publicized, outweighs the positive.

Further, my issue with DJI is not that fact that they did not replace my drone (I WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR). My issue is the lack professionalism they have pertaining to their customer service (take the money and run approach).

Below is a cut and paste of my DJI communication log with its costumer service in hopes of seeking assistance with a crash. Towards the end of this issue, I was just wanting to hear from someone regarding the matter. I had already purchased two additional drones since, and was not really concerned with the outcome. My point at this time was just to get a response from DJI heck; as simple F-Off would have been better then the silent treatment I got from DJI.

Note: this TICKET was generated approximately in November, and during this time, I have made several attempts to get a response from DJI. This is a cut and paste however, the date stamps wont appear. I will be more then willing to share the printed version of the transcripts; just send me a message and I will email them to anyone who wishes to have one.

Ticket #234331 RTHF P3 Pro

Nathalie (DJI REP)

Dear XXXXXXXXX,
Thank you for your call.
We are very sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience with your DJI product. We take these reports very seriously and want to provide you with the best support possible.
The next step is to fill out the survey attached to this email with as much detail as possible. No question should have a 1 word answer, as all flight details are needed to assess what exactly happened.
Once finished, please reply with your proof of purchase and the filled out survey, and a supervisor will contact you with further detail soon.
Thank you for your patience and support of DJI.

My reply:

Attached are the following:
A video of the DJI GO APPS FLIGHT RECORD (IN ITS ENTIRETY). Note, I recorded the flight record from one phone to the other, I called your tech support to see if there was means to upload the FLIGHT RECORD and forward it to you however, there are no means. Currently, the APP only allows one to send screen shots. Therefore the aforementioned method was utilize to capture the entire FLIGHT RECORD.

In addition, I attached the CUSTOMER USAGE QUESTIONNAIRE, PAYPAL TRANSACTION and THE ORDER FORM FROM DRONE WORLD. Furthermore, I have to pay complements to NATHALIE, your costumer service REP. Initially, prior to searching fora DRONE, I always assumed DJI was the leader in the business. However, I was skeptical because when I conducted my research prior to selecting a DRONE. I constantly read negative reviews regarding your COSTUMER SERVICE and its lag in their response to its costumers.

However, NATHALIE was professional and rapid with a response and I commend you for that.
Thank you,
xxxxxx xxxxxx

My post to DJI Customer Support:

I uploaded the DJI GO APP FLIGHT RECORD ONTO HEALTHYDRONES.COM. Here is the link to the file, for which you can view.
http://healthvdrones.com/main?share = MTEzNO
Thank you.
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

I am also sending a screen shot taken from the flight record. I also drew a marking, with notations on the photograph detailing where I lost site and gps signal of the aircraft.
Thank you.
XXXXX XXXXX

On today's date, at approximately 0745 hrs, I again canvased the area where the map indicated the last know location of the Aircraft, said attempts were still unfounded.

Thank you,

xxxxxx xxxxxx

Additional,
After reviewing your CUSTOMER USAGE FORM, I noticed that the section, which reads:
Please describe the pre-flight procedures executed before take-off: Only displays half of my routine pre-flight check procedures.

With that said, I am implementing the following:
Prior to the flight, I conducted my routine flight check, which consist of: plugged my Iphone to the DJI PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL REMOTE turned REMOTE ON, Turned on the AIRCRAFT

Enabled the DJI GO APP on my Iphone, and selected the camera button, which was BLUE.
I then calibrated the AIRCRAFT and observed a GREEN GPS SAFE TO FLY signal on the top of the DJI GO APP.

I then made sure all LED'S on the AIRCRAFT AND REMOTE where in proper sequence and gave all indications for a SAFE FLIGHT. I then check my flight path (the area of ROTHMAN ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN ), which I have flown on several occasions. After making sure the area was secure and had no obstructions in its path, I prepared for my take off/flight.

After reviewing your CUSTOMER USAGE FORM, I noticed that the section, which reads:
Please describe the LED sequence before taking off:: Only displays half of my statement.
With that said, I am implementing the following:
THE LED ON THE REMOTE HAD 3 BARS LIT (WHITE), THE LED ON THE BATTERY HAD 4 GREEN.
THE LED ON THE FRONT OF THE AIRCRAFT, WHICH WERE LOCATED UNDER THE PROP/MOTORS WERE BOTH RED.
THE LED ON THE REAR OF THE AIRCRAFT, WHICH WERE LOCATED UNDER THE PROP/MOTORS WERE BOTH GREEN.

Nathalie (DJI REP):

Hello XXXXX,
Thank you for providing us with all your information. We will go ahead and review your case. We will contact you in 2 weeks.
DJI Support

To whom it may concern, On 12/29/2015. A one Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx of Fort Wayne, Indiana located and returned my drone. According to Mr. Mabel, that while collecting golf balls at Cherry Hill Golf course (XXXX Whelock Road, Fort Wayne, In) he observed my drone. Mr. XXXX, after locating my information that was taped to the drone, contacted me to return same, minus the camera.

My question to you, is should I return the drone to analyze for your investigation or keep same?
Further, I am attaching photos taken of the drone, subsequent to its return.

Lasha'a (DJI REP):

Dear Xxxxxx Xxxxxx
We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product. We recommend sending your product into our North American Support center, for diagnosis and repair. Please reply with the below info, so we can arrange for a RMA repair. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them in your reply. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Shipping Address (no PO box):
Phone number:
Name of DJI Product:
Purchase date of product:
Dealer name or DJI Order Number:
Brief Description of damage or technical issue:
Troubleshooting steps you have tried to fix the issue before contacting support:
Best Regards,

DJI Customer Support
For quicker assistance please feel free to utilize our Live Chat option by following the link provided: http://www.dii.com/support

What is a RMA Repair and will I be responsible for the cost?

wouldn't you already have my information regarding this ticket number, I am confused, your reply to my message from 5 days ago, makes it appear as if you are not aware of the aforementioned ticket number:
RTHF P3 Pro #234331

Hello???

I have been responding however, I don't think your system is updating my information.

At approximately 3 PM Eastern standard time I called: 818-235-8789 and spoke with a representative from DJI (Victor), who advised me that he will update my status and relay my information guarding my ticket to the "LEAD".

I would like to add the Victor was very courteous and helpful

Still have not heard from a rep. Just documenting this situation.

Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 9:27 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: chat

Dear XXXX XXXXXXXX
Unfortunately, due to the modifications that were made to your craft, and remote control, by adding the long range system, the warranty has been voided.
We are forced to deny your claim.
Please reach out to the place of purchase (Drone World) for any further claims.
Thank you for your understanding

Additonal,

This was a personal email I sent to an allege supervisor within DJI'S customer support staff (DEREK):

#248725 RTHF P3 Pro #234331
xxxxx xxxxxx
reported 11 days ago

I want to have faith in your company and not be one of those individuals who gives
negative comments regarding your companies customer service.

With that said, I would like to know what is going on with my case. It has been over a month since a ticket has
been generated for me and according to your profile, an investigator should have contacted
me two weeks subsequent to the date of my ticket. To date, I have yet to get any help. I
understand that you guys are busy and would really like some assistance.

the ticket number is:
RTHF P3 Pro #234331

Please look at my ticket and observe my many attempts to seek help with this issue.

The only response if got from DJI was a "TICKET CLOSED" notice.

It was very hard to read. So what is the problem here?

It is unfortunate that you lost but if you modified it I don't blame them for refusing to cover the repair. Once you crack it open your warranty goes bye bye.

What did you want them to do that they didn't?
Are they still repairing it?

Reactions: QuadBart
No the problem is it took 2 months for them to reply when their policy clearly states two weeks as I stated in my opening replacement of the drone wasn't the issue it was the I could care less about your issues that they presented. The funny thing about it is they didn't even offer to repair it I would've paid for it to get repaired I'm submitting it to small claims court I spoke with three attorneys and I have three options to take. It's won't cost me and its not about the money nor the drone its about implementing a better customer service policy

Last edited:
Others have reported sending them in, even when the damage was operator error and they fixed it at no cost. They just told them to send it in and it came back with no bill due. Let us know how it goes for you.

Reactions: tobeallque

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers