Proof cops lied about GWB Drone flight!

QYV said:
dragonash said:
it's obviously not a race issue.
dont call that card. They were trying to arrest them as soon as they saw the drone. No clue who they were.

I'm not saying that's why it happened, but it's one of many factors in the situation. I'm white and the cops have never slapped cuffs on me when they see me flying in the east river park... anyway that was one word in a statement I stand behind about nypd trumping up ******** charges about something they don't like or don't understand

Nah, we've had enough of the racism nonsense dealing with the President and anyone who disagrees with him. NYPD is not a bunch of white good 'ol boys - it's black, white, latino, asian, female. Who knows why they exaggerated the details, but I can't see racism as playing any role here.

Now that I've said that - let's wait for the audio recording of both of them making hugely racist remarks about the two guys and then I'll just put a sock in it. lol :)

I just think it's too easy to jump to the race card and that should only be mentioned if there is really some evidence to it.

srandall25 said:
I do agree... legal or not legal, we all need to be smart about where we choose to fly. One might justify he/she has the right to fly in a certain area based on the current laws and regulations, but that doesn't necessarily mean it may be the smartest choice given the time/place/situation.. One thing I did notice about the two gentlemen providing their video news report about how they were pursued.. in the same video, they're shown standing in the middle of the street flying their phantom... this certainly doesn't help their case...

I thought the same thing - honestly.....flying out over the Hudson is a far better choice than putting that thing up just above moving vehicles and pedestrians. Can they do it... yes. Should they??? probably not.

I think the only reasonable solution is to weed out the numbnuts who have no common sense by licensing UAVs and requiring training. The people who will be able to fly them are the ones who put the time and effort in and won't have to be told... no no - don't fly your drone through the Holland Tunnel during rush hour.

I think catching wide angle vistas of the GWB or any other bridge should be allowed. If you look at a wide angle shot of the area, it's huge. Plenty of room to fly and not get in anyone's way. I think we need to know exactly what they were flying (P2 with a gopro mounted?) - did it have FPV and how far away were they from where the cops sighted it. I'd also want to see the video they captured IF they even caught video. Unfortunately we cannot trust the cops account now because their facts suck.

My guess is the guys get a plea down to a slap on the wrist and they lose their drone(s). NYPD will not want to make this national headline news when everyone starts to fact check their story.

evonbart2 said:
I think the only reasonable solution is to weed out the numbnuts who have no common sense by licensing UAVs and requiring training.

Yeah, sure gonna miss some of these guys. :lol:

licensing UAVs and requiring training.

Sorry but I don't think the state should be able to rob more money from people by being able to slide in one more tax in the guise of licensing or requiring training being there is not much training needed and you cant really teach common sense. Nore would it do much to weed out numbnuts from getting a license if all they have to do is pay a fee and sit threw a class. and watch films on why you should not fly a UAV when drunk or in to crowds of people.

Look at cars for example and all the numbnuts that if they can afford a car can go out and get on and drive the way some drives do and also look at all the laws and education about the dangers of drunk driving and all thos that still do it. and even thos that dont usually are only some one that's afraid of the stiff legal penalty of getting caught and not the penalty of being dead or killing some one else.

J.James said:
Sorry but I don't think the state should be able to rob more money from people by being able to slide in one more tax in the guise of licensing or requiring training being there is not much training needed and you cant really teach common sense. Nore would it do much to weed out numbnuts from getting a license if all they have to do is pay a fee and sit threw a class. and watch films on why you should not fly a UAV when drunk or in to crowds of people.

Look at cars for example and all the numbnuts that if they can afford a car can go out and get on and drive the way some drives do and also look at all the laws and education about the dangers of drunk driving and all thos that still do it. and even thos that dont usually are only some one that's afraid of the stiff legal penalty of getting caught and not the penalty of being dead or killing some one else.

We're not talking about a tax. We envision training, license, bonding, and liability costs that will prevent the common everyday idiot from flying at all.

CarlJ said:
We're not talking about a tax. We envision training, license, bonding, and liability costs that will prevent the common everyday idiot from flying at all.

The problem with that is those that sign up would likely be responsible pilots in the first place.

How do you weed out the idiots who would simply ignore?

I've been fostering a seed of an idea. Have the Naza assistant download a random IQ test [or similar]. Once passed the motors could be armed for 24 hrs say.

So you will say- suppose the idiot gets someone else to tick the boxes. Would you help a moron to fly?

discv said:
CarlJ said:

The problem with that is those that sign up would likely be responsible pilots in the first place.

How do you weed out the idiots who would simply ignore?

I've been fostering a seed of an idea. Have the Naza assistant download a random IQ test [or similar]. Once passed the motors could be armed for 24 hrs say.

So you will say- suppose the idiot gets someone else to tick the boxes. Would you help a moron to fly?

I would not weed them out, the police would. There is no perfect solution to the problem, and really yours is as good as any, but sadly the government doesn't get a dime from an IQ test, and let's face it, we gotta grease those palms.

CarlJ said:
I would not weed them out, the police would. There is no perfect solution to the problem, and really yours is as good as any, but sadly the government doesn't get a dime from an IQ test, and let's face it, we gotta grease those palms.

Full circle- back to the police :(
Here in UK, you have to wait 2-3 days to see a cop if you get burgled. Then the culprit [if ever looked for] just waves a religious/ sexual orientation/ colour/ race/ or dietary requirement card- and all bets are off!

discv said:
Full circle- back to the police :(

Yes well, we talked with a number of Grandmothers, but they felt overwhelmed with the guns and high speed chases. I guess what I'm saying is of course the police, why wouldn't the police be in charge of enforcement?

a license same as a permit is a tax inless they are giving out for free. which would never happen. its money that would be generated for the government. Thats a tax. You know what the difference between a tax and a fine is?

an fine is a tax you are forced to pay when you do some thing wrong and a tax are a fine you are forced to pay for doing some thing right.

There should not be any reason what some corrupt banker in the federal reserve or some goverment offical gets to make a profit and get money from some one that wants to buy a uav. or any thing else for that matter. These crooks already have there hands in every ones pockets and wallets as it is. all it would do is give more money to fund there criminal enterprise or to take from thos that earned it so they can give it away to those that did nothing to earn it or to deserve it.

tho if we did pay a tax to grease those palms then at least it would guarantee they would not ever ban them being it would mean less revenue for them.

Don't really care what you call it, but I don't consider a one time charge a tax.

What about the people who wouldnt be able to afford all the training, licenses, liability costs etc? you may say they should be able to if they can afford a phantom but some buy a second hand p1 because of fund issues or untill they have the funds to upgrade etc or if they go for a cheaper quad make which would still have to have the same rules applied to them, it would be stripping people out of the hobby based on funds and like most know just because you have the money to get it doesnt mean you will be any less likely even if you go through the training etc, look at driving you have to go through a theory plus practical, have to get insurance, have to pay more insurance if you were in an accident where you were at fault, but it doesnt stop idiots being on the road, it would be better to put heavy inforcement on the actually people being reckless, big fines etc, make an example and show if you do not use commen sense when flying that there will be backlash and you cant get away with it
Thats just my 2 cents anyway
Barry

Barrybasher said:
What about the people who wouldnt be able to afford all the training, licenses, liability costs etc? you may say they should be able to if they can afford a phantom but some buy a second hand p1 because of fund issues or untill they have the funds to upgrade etc or if they go for a cheaper quad make which would still have to have the same rules applied to them, it would be stripping people out of the hobby based on funds and like most know just because you have the money to get it doesnt mean you will be any less likely even if you go through the training etc, look at driving you have to go through a theory plus practical, have to get insurance, have to pay more insurance if you were in an accident where you were at fault, but it doesnt stop idiots being on the road, it would be better to put heavy inforcement on the actually people being reckless, big fines etc, make an example and show if you do not use commen sense when flying that there will be backlash and you cant get away with it
Thats just my 2 cents anyway
Barry

In my estimation the asshats causing trouble are the true architects of this situation, so I'll leave the question for them. While I and others may agree that this is a probable course, it's not related to our actions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1