Promotional videos of the Phantom 2 Vision now look terrible

Reaction score
I still am not an official owner of a Phantom yet, but through a lot of research prior to first purchase of one of DJI's products - I thought the Phantom 2 Vision was quite good with stability. Now however the P2V+ promotional videos make it look terrible and very wobbly. I understand the whole "my Big Mac doesn't look like the picture" argument isn't really applicable here as they obviously want to promo the latest gadget.. but how can I trust the new videos if the old ones are now debunked?

Re: Promotional videos of the Phantom 2 Vision now look terr

SeeUAV said:
I still am not an official owner of a Phantom yet, but through a lot of research prior to first purchase of one of DJI's products - I thought the Phantom 2 Vision was quite good with stability. Now however the P2V+ promotional videos make it look terrible and very wobbly. I understand the whole "my Big Mac doesn't look like the picture" argument isn't really applicable here as they obviously want to promo the latest gadget.. but how can I trust the new videos if the old ones are now debunked?
I have one and it is terrible and wobbly unless its a very calm day, so the choice is simple get a phantom 2V+ and become an unpaid beta tester :mrgreen:

DJI never hid the fact that it was terrible, it is the same footage than before.

They didn't just invent the gimbal either, but people jumped on the vision anyhow. I never saw vision footage anywhere that came even remotely close to a gimbal/gopro combo.

Even the vision+ doesn't match that, but it's a turn key solution. If you want best quality you need a gopro hero 3+ black recording footage.

The material is pretty similar when I had a look again. I guess when you see something new/different it always seems better :) I did jump into buying a Vision but as my first time ever owning any form of RC I believe it was the best way to get an average result without more effort. I don't expect the world from it, but I would like to still get something I am happy to drop the money on.

When I went back to look over them, I found another video on YouTube from Gizmodo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOBRJ-tdts8) they make it seem a lot worse. Check out 1:45 in the video.

1.45 in the video is the original phantom 2 vision not the plus ??

:roll:

pyrophantom said:
1.45 in the video is the original phantom 2 vision not the plus ??

:roll:

Yes that is the point, the original advertising for the vision didn't point out that the video would look as bad as that cos of the crappy gimbal. :x

My dealer has had one on test and said its actually very good, so wouldnt be too worried about it....im not :D

The footage ive seen so far has been pretty impressive I have to say !

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4