Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Programming the Go Home Button to S1 on Transmitter

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by srandall25, Apr 19, 2014.

1. srandall25

UPDATE ON BELOW: Return To Home (RTH) programming on S1 is possible in NAZA mode. Thank you Mori55. See this link: http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza ... -2-vision/

The Phantom Assistant software does not allow you to program a "Go Home" button or switch on the transmitter for the Vision+ even though it works for the Vision and non-Vision Phantom 2. I called tech support today thinking I was doing something wrong. The support tech wasn't even aware it didn't work until he tried it himself. The feature is normally located under the "Basic" menu option and detailed as "Control Mode Switch". It actually shows up in the software until you connect the Vision+ to the PC/MAC, then it disappears. I hope they bring this feature to the Vision+. I feel much more comfortable flipping the S1 switch back once to bring the Phantom home vs turning the transmitter off completely. The only way I know to enable 'fail safe' or bring the Phantom back home on auto pilot is to turn the transmitter off. Does anyone know anything differently or have any other experience with this?

2. MikesTooLz

I have a question about how this worked in the past.

what happened when you flipped the switch back off? did the return to home stop and instantly give controls back to the remote?

3. Mori55

You have to put it in naza m mode. Then you'll have to enable fail safe on that switch and IOC on the other switch if you want.
    Hade to do the same thing with my pv2 when I got it. Just do a search and you'll see how to do it.

4. xgeek

I assume you have the Phantom set to NAZA mode in the Phantom assistant?. If it's in Phantom mode (which it is by default) then The options for S2 IOC and S1 GPS/Atti/ FS are disabled.

5. BlackTracer

Yes absolutely. You can abort a pilot initiated RTH by flipping the switch back to center, then to up, or leave it there if you are an ATTI flyer (or down I suppose). Also this is how you regain control of a bird initiated RTH. For instance if the bird initiates an RTH and you are in S1 up, when the bird is back in range, flip S1 middle and you get control back.

6. srandall25

7. PhilAnderson

Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
    That is a great link! Thanks for posting. I'll try NAZA mode after I actually can keep the thing in the air more than a few minutes... :)

8. Madwak

After you can keep it in the air more than a few minutes? WTH are you doing you have to more or less make it crash cos the **** thing is so stable

9. PhilAnderson

Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
    I made it crash. Thanks for asking, Madwak!