Professionally die cut nd filters only $2 each!!!

Wow ! These filters are AMAZING! John was an absolute pleasure to work with. The filters add next to zero weight to the gimbal and do a fine job of allowing me to get those bright daylight shots without any artifacts and a reducution in potential "jello effect"

Don't wait - Contact John for some awesome filters!

For those who are interested I 3 D printed a featherweight ring that will secure these to the front of the camera on a P3A or P3P. It slips onto the front of the camera using a friction fit (slips on) and makes it so that one does not have to unscrew the front camera ring. Makes changing filters faster and easier. Plus there is no chance of dust , dirt, and contamination entering the delicate camera optics on the front lens and obscuring photos or video.

I can print more of these if there is interest. Hmmm. Perhaps I should collab with John to make these available in a kit form. John , If you like this idea "hit me up"

Here is a pic of the way it looks
2016-04-09 12.53.17.jpg

Multiple colors available.! Black, Blue, Neon Green, Neon Orange, Natural , and of course White

Wow ! These filters are AMAZING! John was an absolute pleasure to work with. The filters add next to zero weight to the gimbal and do a fine job of allowing me to get those bright daylight shots without any artifacts and a reducution in potential "jello effect"

For those who are interested I 3 D printed a featherweight ring that will secure these to the front of the camera on a P3A or P3P. It slips onto the front of the camera using a friction fit (slips on) and makes it so that one does not have to unscrew the front camera ring. Makes changing filters faster and easier. Plus there is no chance of dust , dirt, and contamination entering the delicate camera optics on the front lens and obscuring photos or video.

I can print more of these if there is interest. Hmmm. Perhaps I should collab with John to make these available in a kit form. John , If you like this idea "hit me up"

Here is a pic of the way it looks View attachment 50036

Multiple colors available.! Black, Blue, Neon Green, Neon Orange, Natural , and of course White
How much you asking for these

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Clearly I'm blind. Or was just up WAY to late that night. For the life of me I couldn't find anything that looked like a message system button. Today the envelope icon is jumping out at me. I feel like a dork. Thanks!

Here is a pic of the way it looks View attachment 50036

Those look nice. How much $?

Anyone know if these will fit the P3S?

As far as I'm aware, they will fit the p3S. My only question is does your lens unscrew? If not, BDOG (seen above) makes really great filter adapters that I'm sure he would be happy to sell you on the cheap. These adapters are how I'm looking to go in the future to avoid having to unscrew the lens to switch nd filters...As far as the filters go, I do have the correct size for your bird.

Cheers,
John

As far as I'm aware, they will fit the p3S. My only question is does your lens unscrew? If not, BDOG (seen above) makes really great filter adapters that I'm sure he would be happy to sell you on the cheap. These adapters are how I'm looking to go in the future to avoid having to unscrew the lens to switch nd filters...As far as the filters go, I do have the correct size for your bird.

Cheers,
John
Thank for replying back John...the lense cover does not unscrew...I would still like a complete set of filters on payday if there are any left.

If you have a set of calipers please measure the diameter of the lens and report that dimension here. Then I can use a caliper on my camera and see if they match up. If they do then the slip over friction fit 3 D printed filter adapters would work great.

It would be nice to know this as well moving forward to determine if the filter adapters were retroactively applicable to the P3S.

Hope this helps...looks like outer diameter is 31.52mm (32mm)
deb1b25b9b0e8177e0b315db7bb05358.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jussaguy
Inner ring 28.31mm
d91a5a1dce621e726d4db32240f00319.jpg

Reactions: Jussaguy
Hey BDOG just to see how off our calipers are from each, I measured outer diameter of a new penny with the calipers I used to measure the P3S camera...the penny was 19mm

I get 19.02 mm's on a used penny. LOL

A nickel is 21.10 mm's

A dime 17.85 mm's

A quarter 24.23 mm's

OK , I know , enough already.

Let me measure the OD of the camera now.

I measured 31.45 mm's

It appears really close and this may just be slight deviations in calipers.

If needed:
Since its friction fit a dremel with a stone attachment on the inside would allow enough material to be ground back to make it fit. I believe.

I dont mind doing that...and the nd filters fit right inside?...where can I buy the ring you make and how much!!??

Hi everyone,

I'm new to flying my phantom 3 advanced and one of the first things I noticed was the need for nd filters to capture my shots. I was surprised to see what few options there were, and what they were selling for. I'm lucky enough to have family in the film business, so following their advice, I decided to mass produce my own for much less.

Long story short, I've now got a lot of extra filters that I won't need.

I've had them professionally die cut from gels to exactly 1 3/16" which fits perfectly inside the lens cover without bending.

I have the following available:

Nd 0.3
Nd 0.6
Nd 0.9

The filters can be stacked to achieve greater light filtration as required.

I'm selling these filters for $2 each and if you order more than 4, I'll cover the shipping to Canada and the USA. I can't imagine shipping would cost more than a buck anyway..

Anyway, let me know if you're interested.
9f0da37e718062a8c1bca626034cdaeb.jpg

a1fd46042d719980ec61d6a33700c86a.jpg

Happy flying

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app[/IMG]
I am interested in purchasing a full set of these. Email is [email protected]

I just ordered the White Edition GoPro3 from Amazon.com. It's the least expensive GoPro3 but it still includes Wi-Fi so I can control the camera with my iPad. I've learned, however, not to use the Wi-Fi during in-flight operations as the 2.4ghz range that the wi-fi signal operates on can interfere with the radio controller! Not good. I was really hoping to use the Wi-Fi for some limited FPV usage, even though I knew it would have a several second delay. I guess I'll half to shell out for a real FPV system!

Any suggestions? I didn't have any FPV system on my DJI F550, just a low-buck home built camera mount.
Hey whats up BDOG...I sent msg. But not sure if it went thru

Sorry...meant to quote BDOG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.