Professional people only

D

DrewFlies

Today, I tested my P3 for tonights show. I was experiencing Gain & Expo Tuning. I read a thread a month back explaining the throttle down, rudder left, backward/left. I turned those all the way down to .30. Couldn't really notice too much of difference. The throttle maybe. But, after it starts picking up speed it seems to be as fast as normal. Braking - I turned down to 70% and tested at 130% and didn't know the difference tested multiple times. I went full throttle and then let go of throttle to test how it brakes (whether it looks like its gonna flip coming to a dead halt or nice smooth transition). What is Attitude and what does it do?

I also test the Gain Setting Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Verticle. Tested 80% and 120%. I tried yawing and pitching and they seem to go fast no matter what setting you have them on. Can someone please explain this.

Another is the gimbal roll. I noticed a huge difference when turning all the way up it obviously rolled very quickly at highest setting. But, at lowest setting it didn't roll at all. Is that suppose to happen?

My last question is when you change the ISO and Shutter speed manually and go into "Advanced mode". The little menu pops up on the left to change the settings. I corrected to the settings I want and couldn't get the menu on the left to hide so I pressed the setting button again and "Advanced Mode" turned off. Does it go back to automatic if its turned off? Does it keep the setting you had on in "Advanced Mode". I find it very annoying to see a menu take up almost half the screen and the only way to hide is to turn advance mode off again. I read another thread of someone explaining to make sure the settings are locked? How do you do this and make sure they are locked?

Really would like this to be answered or explained today so I can be ready for tonight's show.
Thanks! Any input will receive likes from me!

You have to slide the adjusting window back to the left.
The settings button/icon remains blue.
Your RH side dial then alters ISO or shutter - press briefly to change.
The 'live' setting shows blue on your screen.
Tapping the button/icon to hide it goes back to auto.

I would consider leaving it on auto at least for part of the flight.
You could easily spend too much time messing with settings (or messing up!) when careful framing would be a better use of flight time.
Auto is going to give you reasonable if not optimal results.
Even the Vision Plus - on Auto - last year produced OK results of bright displays.

Reactions: DrewFlies
You have to slide the adjusting window back to the left.
The settings button/icon remains blue.
Your RH side dial then alters ISO or shutter - press briefly to change.
The 'live' setting shows blue on your screen.
Tapping the button/icon to hide it goes back to auto.

I would consider leaving it on auto at least for part of the flight.
You could easily spend too much time messing with settings (or messing up!) when careful framing would be a better use of flight time.
Auto is going to give you reasonable if not optimal results.
Even the Vision Plus - on Auto - last year produced OK results of bright displays.

Thanks, I figured there was a way to hide menu without turning it off. The right hand dial only changes frame rate not ISO (at least for me).

I don't want to leave on auto as my last thread I mentioned I'm getting way too much noise and have always left it in auto or manually changed settings. I'm really sick of the noise I'm getting in all my videos so I have to manually set it up. I flew and changed the settings today as a test. You can't really mess around with the setting while the P3 is parked or inside your house as light plays a big roll on quality. Today was not to fly or record, strictly to get the settings I want for todays/tonights show. Thanks for the other advice though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues