Professional flipping over.

it was not in the original packaging as it came from drone zone rc. all the packaging said was phantom 3 professional ccw motor.. thats it.. had no idea there were two dif kinds based on generation of p3.... just thought maybe the design changed.. cause i got a top and bottom shell as well and the design of that changed a little as well. oh well hope they send me a new one asap since i payed for next day shipping and in the description of the part on amazon nothing was said of compatibility issues with two dif kinds of p3's that should have been said in big bold letters.

The motors are the same for all P3 models. The problem is that you bought a 2312A motor, but you need this 2312 motor. In order to use 2312A motors, you need to replace them all and also install the V2 center board.

Hey msinger, what is the difference in the two motors? I mean, does one put out more power, longer battery life, etc. Would there be an advantage to having one or the other? A little off topic, but it's interesting that both motors are available.

A few people have tested and compared them. There is no noticeable difference. Both should perform equally as well.

Reactions: Great_Lakes
Hey msinger, what is the difference in the two motors? I mean, does one put out more power, longer battery life, etc. Would there be an advantage to having one or the other? A little off topic, but it's interesting that both motors are available.
The 2312 is 960KV, 2312A 800KV. The A version is 7% more efficient in ideal conditions.

This Is the description of the order. How is a new drone owner going to know what those abbreviations are.. he's saying they will not return the motor or anything.. that's shitty.

Attachments

• IMG_2884.PNG
    IMG_2884.PNG
    101.4 KB · Views: 273
They should be able to supply you the correct motor or refund your purchase price on return of the motor shipped (return shipping at your expense and no refund on the original shipping). It seems the motor description was correct. You got what you paid for. Unfortunately you get these issues now, I routinely enquire before ordering components as manufacturer revisions during product lifecycles cause these headaches and the frustration is componded when the shipping costs more than the part.

They should be able to supply you the correct motor or refund your purchase price on return of the motor shipped (return shipping at your expense and no refund on the original shipping). It seems the motor description was correct. You got what you paid for. Unfortunately you get these issues now, I routinely enquire before ordering components as manufacturer revisions during product lifecycles cause these headaches and the frustration is componded when the shipping costs more than the part.

Well a noob drone owner would never know what those abbreviations meant.. because reading the reviews a couple pages back this issue has happened with them before.. but I spend 140$ with them they should give me a refund on the motor at the very least..

Well a noob drone owner would never know what those abbreviations meant.. because reading the reviews a couple pages back this issue has happened with them before.. but I spend 140$ with them they should give me a refund on the motor at the very least..
Yes- agreed, that is what I am suggesting they should do.

It does state there that your P3 has to have the newer board. Perhaps it could have been bolded and emphasized about matching the right motor.
Also it says it is a used motor.
Still they could have done something for you.

Do you self a favor buy yourself some prop guards just saying that's the first thing I did happen to hit a wall when I landed and went sideways no damage done

Last edited:
Do you self a favor buy yourself some prop guards just saying that's the first thing I did happen to hit a wall when I landed and went sideways no damage done

I ordered some prop guards.. now I need to find the correct motor. Any ideas where to get a ccw motor from?

Last edited:
Yeah was curious if anyone had a different place to order from besides Amazon..
You can buy one from an authorized DJI dealer here on eBay.

Lots of people sell these motors. The important point is that you buy the correct motor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan