Processing a movie in the Go app?

Reaction score
I have done a handful of flights testing out my new P3A and the video dragged and dropped from the SD card played on my PC looks amazing.. The same can not be said for the movies done in the Go app using the editor.

The clips are distorted and choppy. Only motionless video is clear? If I move that edited movie to my PC the same quality is present. Is it my old Samsung Tab4 that is not able to process the videos that is causing this?

I want to upgrade to a better device but the one that interest me the most is you guessed it the most expensive! So I have to wait.

Are there video editing programs that do these simple "Clip videos" and add music that I can use on my PC? I am as you can see new to video editing.

In the Go app there should be a setting where you can set the transmitted video to HD or lower, people usually select a lower setting due to the choppiness/lag that can be present sending a HD video signal to a device that probably cant cope or is setup wrong.

GoPro Studio is free and can handle the clips ;)

The transmission video/FPV is a little laggy but not so bad I can't stand it. It is after the flight when I run the Go editing software that seems to screw the video up. If I play the video as is (Unedited) on the tablet it is fine. Only after I edit it to those 6 second clips does it gets choppy and distorted.

I did the "How to's" on setting up a Android for as lag free as I can get with this older device and as I said it does the job pretty well while flying but trying to make a movie with it I think it does not have the power for lack of a better term to do it.

I will check out the GoPro Studio. Thanks for the tip!

Well crud! The Gopro app does not like my files. None of them show up with the Gopro software?
You have to set them as mov codec in the app under camera settings or GoPro will not accept them. I also believe there is an issue with newer GoPro software but the older software certainly works great.

Reactions: JWH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic