Procedure for using new NPVT581 remote with P2V+

Reaction score
I just ordered the upgraded remote and was wondering what is involved switching over to this remote on the P2V+. I did the mod to the old remote, and use a high gain antenna. Can I do the same with the new remote, or is the range already upgraded? Thanks for any help.

BTW, the remote hasn't arrived yet. I'm only asking so I'm ready for the installation when it does arrive.

Are you talking about the remote with the thumbwheel for the gimbal and the internal battery and battery level one? or some P3 Tx?
the mods on the new remote are the same. I have an itelite on mine and it works great

Are you talking about the remote with the thumbwheel for the gimbal and the internal battery and battery level one? or some P3 Tx?
the mods on the new remote are the same. I have an itelite on mine and it works great
Yes, it's the one made as an upgrade to the standard p2v+ remote , with the thumb wheel and battery meter. Was wondering about any special procedures to bind it to the Phantom.

You have to use the tip of a pen and press the little switch on the bird to bind it.
If you are also using a new wifi extender, you have to bind it too. a little more complicated.

You can have one TX binded to several birds, but each wifi extender can only be binded with one bird at a time

You have to use the tip of a pen and press the little switch on the bird to bind it.
If you are also using a new wifi extender, you have to bind it too. a little more complicated.

You can have one TX binded to several birds, but each wifi extender can only be binded with one bird at a time
Thanks for the info. I'm using the same wifi extender, so I'm good there. After binding I'll have to do some research to see how to get channel 7 working.

An absolutely great upgrade, especially if you can get one at a great price. I was lucky to snag and "open box" unit on eBay for a great price. I did the mod to the remote, that lowers the thumb wheel pan time, which was a waste of time. I should have tried the remote before doing the mod, as the remote is good as is. If you move the thumb wheel slightly, it will move very slow. No need to add a switch and the associated resistors. You can check YouTube for this mod, but it was a waste of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav