problems with transmitter

Reaction score
I have been having problems with my 3 week old fc40 transmitter. Started when I was up in the mountains, I ran the naza software to calibrate my mui. I tried to calibrate the remote however it would not link thru phantom. The screws are to tight to remove to open. After a long chat with the vendor they said it was faulty and would warranty the remote. I decided to try again calibrating the compass I had 3 successful flights. I checked the motors also checked fine. The next time I powered it up it started and would not shut off with the sticks. I hooked it back to the software and changed it into course lock on s1. I went to fly today and the controller Beeb's twice then green led. The fc goes thru the starting led sequence however the motors are not starting and the bottom red and green led arnt lit any ideas?

eaglescout said:
I have been having problems with my 3 week old fc40 transmitter. Started when I was up in the mountains, I ran the naza software to calibrate my mui. I tried to calibrate the remote however it would not link thru phantom. The screws are to tight to remove to open. After a long chat with the vendor they said it was faulty and would warranty the remote. I decided to try again calibrating the compass I had 3 successful flights. I checked the motors also checked fine. The next time I powered it up it started and would not shut off with the sticks. I hooked it back to the software and changed it into course lock on s1. I went to fly today and the controller Beeb's twice then green led. The fc goes thru the starting led sequence however the motors are not starting and the bottom red and green led arnt lit any ideas?

If your motors won't start and they have no lights, it could be one of a few things.
First question, does the craft beep when you power it on? Like, once it's been powered on and past the initial light cycle, does it just beep at you?

Did you calibrate the sticks using both the RC Assistant and the Phantom Assistant?

Beeps when I plug in the battery and s2 working as I was able to calibrate the compass led flashes finding SATs and homelock

I am getting a error 29 under the naza m software r/c tx & rx settings
Motors Start failure caused by TX stick(s) mid point error too big
If the TX stick(s) mid point error is too big, Motors Start will fail when you execute the Combination Stick Commands (CSC) and lead to the aircraft will not takeoff.. And the LED will blink Red four times per second continually to warn you.
TX stick(s) mid point error too big can be caused by the following reasons:
(1) There is TX stick (except the throttle stick) not at center when power on the autopilot system.
(2) The TX sticks has been trimmed, which leads to the large deviation of mid point. For example, the SUB-TRIM has been adjusted for Futaba transmitter.
(3) The TX stick(s) travel has larger asymmetry.
For the reason (1), please put all TX sticks at the mid point, and then power cycle the autopilot system to re-record the mid point. If the problem continues, that can be caused by the reason (2) or reason (3), you need to adjust the output range of your TX, and then use the Assistant Software to redo the TX calibration. Please carry out the following procedures.
(1) Connect to the Assistant software, click Basic-> R/C-> Command Sticks Calibration, and push all TX sticks throughout their complete travel range to see if any stick cannot reach its largest position.
(2) Adjust the largest travel of TX stick until the cursor on the Assistant software can reach both end positions, according to your TX manual.
(3) Power cycle the autopilot system, note that power cycle is required.
(4) Redo the TX calibration according to the Assistant software.

I am sending it back since the vendor is honoring warranty. I checked the motors on the software and they fired up I cracked the case on the transmitter and calibrated it and the motors till would not engage faulty unit!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik