Problems with range extender turning on.

Reaction score
Any one besides me had a problem with the range extender turning itself on?

I charged up the little range extender module, make sure it powers up, and turn it off. Gone out to the field to fly and either find the range extender will no power up, or the range extender is on and warm.

I have also caught the RE turning on when it is being charged and I know I made sure it was off before I started to charge the RE back up.

It's done this a few times to me and it really suck when you are unit in the field getting ready to fly only to find your are grounded.

Got the P2V back on Nov 2013, and I know this has not been an issue until the last few weeks. At first I thought that I left it on, but I knew that was not rights since I cause clearly see the switch was off as in the attached photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399222230.666814.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399222230.666814.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 447
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399222240.479425.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399222240.479425.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 419
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399222250.240311.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399222250.240311.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 336
Have you made any antenna mods to the extender? Just thinking that something internal may have caused the on - off switch to become faulty.

To me it looks like the small external switch is not properly connected with the micro switch inside.
To check you can open the unit and make sure the sliding switch is properly attached to the switch on the circuit board.

Well, if you knew well enough, you know I open just about every thing, and the fact that it RF and wireless, for sure I would normally have been in to it. I deal with data telemetry for work. But I have yet to open that darn box up.

What was odd, was the fact that even while it was sitting on the table top getting charged, it managed to turn itself on. I felt that the switch made good contact seeing how it normally does turn on and off. I have been inching to put on a bigger antenna, but I am at the point where I want to sell this one to get the plus version. I really do not want to sell a lemon to some one.

Heading to the bench to take it apart.

Thanks y'all

Allan

Phantom 2 Vision
UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
Cypress TX

Well, been inside the range extender, looked very clean and well built inside. The switch cover makes good contact to the switch on the board. Could not find any cause for a problem like I have. It would be nice if it was repeatable when you are working on it, but as you know, it does it when you are least expecting it.

I have a ticket in to DJI about this also, so I will see what they have to say.

Phantom 2 Vision
UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
Cypress TX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4