Problems with quality of my footage

Reaction score
I do have some issues with footage, it didn't happen to me before - i have done something like 30 flies , but lately last 3 or 4 there is something wrong ( which i pointed in attached movie, i thought its a problem with sd card but i tried 3 cards already different brand size etc and nothing is changing

- any ideas - or its the way how it works and everybody having this same problems, or i should just go to service and ask them to have a look.

this is clip with stuff i think are wrong:

is it related to the lighting at the time? the horizontal lines are shadows from the props due to the angle of the sun.

is it related to the lighting at the time? the horizontal lines are shadows from the props due to the angle of the sun.

i didn't think about this - you must be right all my clips with lines are facing sun forward - thank you

any idea about pixels?

The horizontal lines are the props - point the camera down, especially into the sun. The 'pixels' look like compression artifact. I suppose the SD card could be an issue here, but apparently it is not. What settings are you using? Did those change? What happens at 108?

Could be a bad component in the video chain - might be time to talk to DJI.

Is this how it comes straight from the SD card? No PP? If so those parts that are artifacting look like theres a problem with the encoder. Im not sure what the phantoms process is for encoding video but it looks like its using IPB compression, basically if you are recording at 30fps usually every 15th or 30th frame is a keyframe where all information for that frame is kept, every frame after the keyframe only has the changes between itself and the keyframe stored. Greatly reducing the file size but retaining the image quality. The only drawback to this is it makes it more tricky to edit post as you can only make cuts at each keyframe or it can break the encoding causing artifacting similar to whats in your video. If it was capturing the video in All-I or all intraframe this wouldn't occur as each frame is a keyframe.

As for the lines appearing, yeah the ones at the top are from rotors but the ones covering the screen look like interference from something. Maybe a loose cable? Check everything's connected properly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just to be clear, is that the video directly from the memory card in the camera, or are you mistakenly pulling the video from the tablet?

A lens hood will give deeper saturation and less foggy images in situations where the sun hits the front glass of the camera, while not being in view.

An ND filter will actually worsen the "fogging" (diffusion) you get when the sun hits the front glass since the light diffusion increase as you add more glass.
However the interference from the propellers when they are shadowing the front glass might be smoothed out due to the longer exposure time you get by adding an ND filter.

Get a lens hood. Mine weights 2-3 grams. The camera handles this fine.
The only situation where a lens hood might be a problem for the P3 is in strong winds.

For the P3 there is also the problem that the tip of the lens hood will touch the ground slightly during the startup sequence if the drone is not elevated half an inch during power on.
I don't know if this is a problem for the P4.

arkadek1,

Did you solve your problem with pixelation of video? Folks with P4 seems to have similar problems. Looks like P3P is also a victim of the same problem.

arkadek1,

Did you solve your problem with pixelation of video? Folks with P4 seems to have similar problems. Looks like P3P is also a victim of the same problem.
hi ! I bought my drone in maplin , just went there and said about my issues and they asked me if i want brand new drone i said yes ad they gave me new one ( love they costumer service btw ) i spoke with guy and he said its common problem and he said if they will send drone to fixed probably they need to give me new one anyway. my issue is solved best possible way for me :)

Good to hear that not all P4s are like that and that your issue is resolved quick and painless. I'm in Canada and I'm not sure who would be as good as Maplin in UK...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav