G

Guest99

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 373
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually their filters still work great without their gimbal holder.;)

You can always just take off the PP filter and install the stock lens when transporting.

I personally hated that stock gimbal guard. It served it's purpose as far as protection from shipping from China and all that can go wrong from there. But other than that I think it's a PITA..

Here's a better deal for you (if applicable):
PolarPro - Accessory Set for DJI Phantom 4 Drone - White

Last edited:
By looking at your pic, it appears you have the slip on filters. Fairly easy to take on and off.

I have those filters and the strings are to help remove the filters from the camera. Are you telling me they gave you the strings with the filters to help you unscrew them? And by the way, you're attitude is childish. Try being a bit more respectful with your responses. No need to act like we're all idiots with our trying to help.

I, and others, have cut off the front of the stock gimbal lock so you can still put it on with the Polar Pro filters attached. I the use the Polar Pro gimbal lock as a lens cover, works perfect. Get the stability of the stock gimbal lock and don't have to remove the filters all the time.

I cut off the front of the gimbal lock with a utility knife but others have used one of those small rotary cutting tools.

Attachments

• WIN_20170429_09_03_35_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170429_09_03_35_Pro.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 377
  • WIN_20170429_09_04_07_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170429_09_04_07_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 379
  • WIN_20170429_09_04_20_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170429_09_04_20_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 397
So unscrew lenses cover/filter on site and put the DJI stock filter back on so I can use the gimbal/lenses guard to transport my quadcopter?

Now if that's not lame, what is?

Oh and by the way, your link to the $20 in Polar Pro product does not include the proper lenses guard. That guard is for those not using their filters. Dahhh

I have a little news flash for you. That PP lens guard in both of my link's DOES fit their filters.

I should know as I purchased the single lens guard for $19.99, and a few weeks later purchased that accessory kit when it went on sale for that price.

Guess what,... they both fit!

Perhaps you forgot to read the medium print on their website:

Overview:
The PolarPro DJI Phantom 4 Lens Cover and Gimbal Lock provides an easy to install solution to protect your camera's lens and gimbal. The lens cover simply pushes onto the gimbal and camera to provide protection while traveling. Designed specifically for use with PolarPro Phantom 4 filters, the lens cover works with any of our thread-on filters, and is also compatible with the stock Phantom 4 UV filter. Constructed out of glass filled nylon, the P4 Lens cover is extremely durable, featuring a smooth soft touch finish, and is covered by our lifetime warranty, guaranteeing it will last.

And for what it's worth, I agree, $19.99 for a little piece of plastic is a tad high. But if you're already complaining about the cost of things, you picked the wrong hobby...

Last edited:
DarkDrone, OP already started another thread on the same topic. My guess is, you're talking to deaf ears.

Hey pal, I was just trying to help. Yeah it sucks they don't fit. And yes PP should mention that fact. But it is what it is.

But when you come out telling me that those links I tried to help you with aren't the right guards, and then throw in a childish "dahhh",... well as you said, "be prepared to get a rebuttal".

AFWIW, it's duh, not dahhh.

I, and others, have cut off the front of the stock gimbal lock so you can still put it on with the Polar Pro filters attached. I the use the Polar Pro gimbal lock as a lens cover, works perfect. Get the stability of the stock gimbal lock and don't have to remove the filters all the time.

I cut off the front of the gimbal lock with a utility knife but others have used one of those small rotary cutting tools.
Thanks for posting this.. Pretty cool idea. As to the OP, I really don't see what all of the whining is about, whenever you set out to fly your drone, chances are the lighting conditions are going to be ever changing and require a filter change. To that end, what difference does it make that you take off the stock guard and replace the stock plain glass "protective" filter and install whatever Polar Pro filter the ambient conditions call for? Plain and simple, you don't want to spend an additional $20 for the Polar Pro filter/gimbal guard.. Don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen