Problems with New Firmware for Phantom 3 Advanced/Professional Firmware?

Reaction score
With this new firmware that was just released today according to the information that I gathered everybody that is having issues with the controller giving them a firmware update notification when the controller could not be updated this release should fix that issue

I hope it fixes the disconnecting issue. I flew my phantom 3 last week and had 3 complete disconnects lasting 10 seconds or so when I was maybe 50' high. Very scary stuff personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated new firmware today 1.3.2 and since phantom3 will not hover in place like it did before update, it sways slowly almost like its windy and its getting pushed but no wind, any ideas?

Updated new firmware today 1.3.2 and since phantom3 will not hover in place like it did before update, it sways slowly almost like its windy and its getting pushed but no wind, any ideas?
After every firmware update you should do a IMU and compass calibration.

Did you update the controller as well? I'm just about to perform my firmware upgrade so I'll let you know how mine goes. I don't have any of the severe issues but I am getting tired of the false alarms during flight (lost signal, gimbal overload, etc) as well as the tilted horizon. I know the tilted horizon can be fixed every flight but I'd rather fix in post as needed instead of trying to compensate on the copter.

Yes updated controller , upgraded new dji pilot app.. My ph3 flew absolutely perfect before .. Did calibration everything .. Driving me nuts .. Let me know how yours reacts..

Yes updated controller , upgraded new dji pilot app.. My ph3 flew absolutely perfect before .. Did calibration everything .. Driving me nuts .. Let me know how yours reacts..
I just upgraded everything as well finally. Will have to test in the a.m. and report back. Pilot app looks a lot better at least and hopefully director will actually work now on iPad mini 2

If you're having issues with you P3 after the FW update did you check the SD card for the "success" message.

I performed a compass and IMU calibration and have had no issues.

:harry

Try calibrate your remote. Maybe controls lost calibration.

I don't get it , I took it out last night and it flew like a champ but I did notice battery seemed to go quicker than normal, did you experience same symptom?
Yeah if you note an earlier post, the first thing I noticed was decreased battery performance. At the same time, I have noticed that the max velocity and descent seem to have been increased so the motors are probably working harder now which could account for the difference.

Hi everybody!
Just tested new firmware 1.3.20
Hoping no issues this time...
The flight itself was perfect - rock solid while in hover,only one moment lost connection for couple seconds
when the bird was right above me just 70 m,never happened before...
Made a few flights spent two batteries -no issues flies perfect.
As soon as I checked the video was surprised to see the telemetry tags on the screen.
anyone knows what to f////k is that
upload_2015-8-7_3-51-0.png
l

Thinking to use the new fiture - downgrade to 1.2.6 and probably reinstall ???

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-7_3-40-4.png
    upload_2015-8-7_3-40-4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Hi everybody!
The flight itself was perfect - rock solid while in hover,only one moment lost connection for couple seconds
As soon as I checked the video was surprised to see the telemetry tags on the screen.
View attachment 26710l

Relax - those data are just a subtitle-file placed into the same directory. Simply delete them or right-click on the screen an chosse not to display them.
;-)

I am having issues with this latest firmware.
Gimbal tilted, app not conecting and disconecting mid-flight, one of the motors started spinning so fast it lose the tiny screw at the tip...
Already calibrated IMU and Gimbal to no effect.

Was fine before, firmware 1.1.9.
I guess I will have to revert to it, can't trust the bird this way.

Hi everybody!

Disable captions in the app...

Everyone knows what's wrong and what to do
but could you ,please show me step by step
How??>???> to do that
in DJI GO app > tap camera setting ( right side of the screen) > there you find the "video caption" > slide the sw off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj