Problems with HDMI Board

Reaction score
Hello,

Ive posted this problem on the DJI Forum but not too much response....I installed the new HDMI board into my P3A controller. I have the latest firmware in the controller and also the P3A. I also have the latest software in my Ipad mini 2. After installing the board I hooked up my external monitor using a standard to mini cable. Once powered up the video on the ipad keeps turning off and on and displays the disconnect message. The external monitor continues to stay on while the ipad keeps turning off and on every few seconds.I can also turn off the external monitor in the software, but still nothing changes. I also notice the back of the HDMI cover is warm to the touch. Not knowing what to do, I pulled the board and replaced it with the original and now my ipad is fine. Ive done this twice with the same results. I contacted DJI and they thought it might be a bad board, but that's as far as I got.....one person recommended reinstalling the software on my ipad, but am reluctant to that until Ive eliminated everything else....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Very interesting as I was wondering as the P3A is usually shipped with the GL300B controller rather than the GL300A controller that is shipped with P3p. I believe the USB controller is different in the 2 versions (the Advanced has USB 3 - no Davinci chip). Hence the reason with the recent firmware update issues on the controller using DJI Go where GL300B could only be updated via app

I presume you plugged the replacement board and white cap with HDMI output - does this then make your controller a different hybrid as the controller will have firmware for the Advanced (GL300B) but the USB board and controller is for the professional (GL300A with Davinci chip) ?

Last edited:
If I understand what your saying the board is actually designed or "more" compatible with the P3P? Yes I do have the GL300B and did have to do the upgrade through the app. I wasn't sure what you meant by "I presume you plugged the replacement board and white cap with HDMI output" ? As I think about it more, the people that I know who have used this board, were all modifying the P3P.....

The GL300A was just the first model of tx and the GL300B is the newer version that ships with both the advanced and the pro

Reactions: Oso
If I understand what your saying the board is actually designed or "more" compatible with the P3P? Yes I do have the GL300B and did have to do the upgrade through the app. I wasn't sure what you meant by "I presume you plugged the replacement board and white cap with HDMI output" ? As I think about it more, the people that I know who have used this board, were all modifying the P3P.....

Sorry for any confusion - just thinking of reasons why USB is not working? Could it be a firmware problem?

No Problem....Initially before upgrading firmware I was not getting any image on the external monitor and was getting the blinking of the video on the ipad. After upgrading the firmware, I was then able to get image on external monitor, but still had the blinking out of the video signal on the ipad.....I want to fly it today to make sure everything else is ok, before coming back to the HDMI problem....someone suggested I reinstall the Go app, but wanted to hold off ...

Hard to troubleshoot without exact specifics...

Could you tell us exactly what FW you are running on your P3A, and which version of the DJI app you are using. You stated that you are running the latest software on your Mini, does this mean you are running the current DJI GO app?

I would make sure your P3A, controller and iPad Mini are all running the latest FW / SW.

The HDMI board will auto configure after installed. Do you see the options to toggle the OSD on / off within the GO app? (Touch the HD icon to see this). If not, the HDMI board and the app / controller are not hand shaking.

Also...you fully installed the HDMI board with the "white cover" also installed and screwed in place, right ? Make sure your controller has been updated.

:harry

• Hi Harry, presently the P3A and Controller are using the Advanced Firmware v1.3.20 and my Ipad Mini 2 is using the GO App 2.1.0. Yes I was able to toggle between turning the HDMI off and on within the app and also was able to turn off and on the OSD. Yes the cover was fully installed. I have removed and installed the board twice already with the same results. When the board is installed I can see the image on my external monitor, but the video being displayed within the app turns off and on with the signal disconnect message flashing, even though the Phantom is 10 feet away. I took it out this morning to fly with the original board and had no problems. Not sure whether to contact DJI or try another install to see what happens. thanks for your help

Sol...thanks for the info. Sounds like you've checked all the right boxes.

The SW / FW are exactly where they should be.

Contacting DJI might need to be your next step.

:harry

• Hi Harry, presently the P3A and Controller are using the Advanced Firmware v1.3.20 and my Ipad Mini 2 is using the GO App 2.1.0. Yes I was able to toggle between turning the HDMI off and on within the app and also was able to turn off and on the OSD. Yes the cover was fully installed. I have removed and installed the board twice already with the same results. When the board is installed I can see the image on my external monitor, but the video being displayed within the app turns off and on with the signal disconnect message flashing, even though the Phantom is 10 feet away. I took it out this morning to fly with the original board and had no problems. Not sure whether to contact DJI or try another install to see what happens. thanks for your help
Maybe you should try to deactivate or activate hardware decode. This should have nothing to do with your problem but who knows, i would play with different configurations like hardware decode on or off or synchronize both screens on or off etc.... Lastly i would install the app again and if that dont work i would replace the board.

Thanks everyone, well I installed it one more time....same results...turned off and on the hardware decode, no difference...the external monitor never flickered once and remained active while the video was disconnecting from the ipad. When the video disconnected from the ipad all connection with the aircraft went away also, signal strength of HD xmission and also the RF strength....but continued to display on the outside monitor, very strange...not really wanting to reinstall application....because it has been working good...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1