Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Problems with H3 Black when connected to FPV Tx

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by DaveT1, Jul 14, 2013.

1. DaveT1

I've been trying to link my H3 Black to Fat Shark Predator FPV setup. My intial problems were linked to a bad USB socket on the camera. The camera was replaced under warranty and the new one syncs just fine. I took it out for a test yesterday and found that when the H3 was hooked up to the Tx, and still sitting on the ground, the goggles were showing a lot of snow. Once airborne, the there was no image on the goggles. The Phantom was no more than 50' from me.

What would be causing the interference? I have the Tx mounted to the belly of the Phantom directly behind the H3, which works fine with the camera that came with the Fat Shark. The only thing that I have done that is out of the ordinary is that the connector cord I'm using has a lead for the camera and a lead for power input. I'm not using the power cord, so I coiled it and stowed it under the Velcro strap hold the Tx. Could that cause the interference?

I'm a noob, so any help is greatly appreciated.

2. jumanoc

Try setting your VTX / RX with another channel using small dip pins in VTX and control button on goggles.

In addition, how are you powering the VTRX? directly from phantom wire?. I suggest you to use a FS filter designed for keep regulated voltage into VTX.

[​IMG]

3. GearLoose

I have the same set-up. As Jumanoc suggests, have you tried changing channels using the buttons on the goggles? (I didn't mess with the pins. I think this is only necessary when changing from the default channel.)

Connect the balance lead from your Phantom battery to the filter -- see Jumanoc's image.
    Connect goggles to battery.
    Connect GPro cam with cable from Fatshark TX.
    Turn on GoPro.

That should do it.

BTW, I'm finding it much easier to use a small monitor than goggles. Sharper, brighter, clearer image. I like the goggles but don't yet trust my piloting enough to use them except in wide open spaces.