Problems with GPS-mode

Reaction score
Before take off the app shows 8 or 9 visible satellites. Just after few second in the air Phantom switch to non-GPS mode (yellow lights), After landing and several seonds later it switch back to GPS-mode (green lights) and again and again. What does it mean? How to solve this problem?

Hello,
You are still in GPS MODE, you are only loosing satellite signal
While on flight, when GPS signal goes under 6 satellites, lights
Turn yellow, and the phantom acts like you are in ATTI MODE, because
You do not have enough satellites to hold position. It happens to me sometimes,
But not often! It could be your location, weather, or possibly a faulty GPS MODULE?

The next time it happens, take note of how many satellites signals you have, while
Lights are yellow!

And possibly fly on a new location, to see if problem persists.

Hope this helps, and good luck, my friend!

Take care, fly safe!

You can do the GPS mod which just entails removing the top shell and putting aluminum foil as a shield to decrease the noise from the bird with the GPS in the bird. Just search it for full details.

Thanx for reply. The problem is that after take off suddenly the app shows me no satellites. Short after landing i can see 8-9 satellites. This is very strange for me. I must try different locations but it's not my first Phantom and i was flying at this location before...

time of day? did you check here first?

http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com/

I find it to be very accurate, infact, once I went to my flying site 10 minutes or so, BEFORE the "bad window" ended and watched the numbers change on the app. right on the time change that the site predicted.

Love it, would not fly without consulting it first.

hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj