Problems with DBS ITE-DBS01_V3 Phantom 3 4k

Reaction score
I have recently purchased one of these Itelite ITE-DBS01_V3 and have fitted the item without issue including being very careful when removing the old cabling. On testing the new unit with the kit fitted I am experiencing a significant range decrease from the old stock phantom 3 4k. Before i was getting approximately 1000m before i would get a signal or video fail. However on three seperate tests today in 3 different locations with the new unit I am getting a signal loss at about 2-300m. I was wondering if you have any idea if there is something simple that could be causing this. The video signal is still strong at this dstance but the remote just loses the quadcopter and i get a RTH. I have done some simple checks and re-opened up the controller to ensure that everything is fine which it appears to be. I have been careful when connecting the unit and have not powered it up before it was fully assembled. Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Thanks

Have you had any success since posting?
I don't have the Phantom 3 4K, but I use the equivalent DBS mod for my controller.
I've not had any range issues, so not sure what best to suggest.
Your post tells me you've checked everything i would've.

Maybe unscrew all the SMA connectors, ensure all the contacts are clean; use dust remover or similar aerosol spray. Make sure they are screwed back on straight and tight.

You would have to be extremely unlucky to get a faulty DBS antenna, there is very little to go wrong inside; I guess it's possible though.
Or could an earlier firmware be worth trying?
Personally, I don't like to touch the firmware, but it's an option when there's a problem.

When using my own DBS controller, I find the way I'm holding the controller has a much bigger impact on the signal, compared with the stock. The best success I get, with the RC hanging just above my waist and held flat, perpendicular to me.

I hope you are able to get the range you were getting again, and then some.
Good luck and happy flying,

Make sure your RC mod antenna is pointing at your phantom. If it is and you're still having range issues, then I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31