Problems with Android 7.0

Reaction score
Hi:

Having a problem with this OS. Connects to RC but says no internet. This on my Shield. When I try my old smartphone with a much earlier version of Android, no problem. Saw a video about leaving aeroplane mode on but made no difference. Anyone else experiencing this? Neil

Im running 7.0 and the shield, never had any issues. The tablet will sometimes make a chime sound after connecting to wifi and displays a message that says "no internet". But that's okay because your not using the internet. As long as it's linked to the TX you are good.

Android 7 warns you if the Wi-Fi you're connected to doesn't have Internet access, but in this case you're connecting to a device that doesn't provide Internet access, so you can just ignore that message.

Thanks for that but because it can't get online I can't download the firmware update. Also, I don't understand why I don't have the same problem with my smart phone.

Your OP indicates to us that you are connected to your remote control's WiFi. You will not have internet access from there.
If you want to obtain any firmware updates, you'll have to disconnect your device from the Phantom's WiFi, and connect it to to your home WiFi or your provider's data plan (if it has one) in order to access the internet.

Last edited:
When I open the DJI go app on my Shield it tells me a firmware update is available so I select the Phantom on my tablet's wifi, which we know says connected but no internet, but when I try and start the upgrade I'm told the device is disconnected. I assume it means the RC which is turned on and right by the tablet.

I switched to my home wifi on the tablet but it made no difference. I can't believe the only way is to go on their website on my pc, download the firmware and then transfer it to the RC using the USB cable.

When I open the DJI go app on my Shield it tells me a firmware update is available so I select the Phantom on my tablet's wifi, which we know says connected but no internet, but when I try and start the upgrade I'm told the device is disconnected. I assume it means the RC which is turned on and right by the tablet.

I switched to my home wifi on the tablet but it made no difference. I can't believe the only way is to go on their website on my pc, download the firmware and then transfer it to the RC using the USB cable.
That's pretty much how it's done with all the other Phantom 3, excluding the standard. The only difference being the bin file is put on the SD card directly using a card reader on your computer. In any case I have updated the firmware many times on my standard using the Wi-Fi method and it has worked every time, you must be doing something wrong. When you get that message you need to connect to your home Wi-Fi first and click on download so that the bin file is downloaded into your device. Then once downloaded you reconnect your Wi-Fi to the Phantoms Wi-Fi with the RC and drone powered on and connected to begin the install.

Reactions: mdowney58
That's pretty much how it's done with all the other Phantom 3, excluding the standard. The only difference being the bin file is put on the SD card directly using a card reader on your computer. In any case I have updated the firmware many times on my standard using the Wi-Fi method and it has worked every time, you must be doing something wrong. When you get that message you need to connect to your home Wi-Fi first and click on download so that the bin file is downloaded into your device. Then once downloaded you reconnect your Wi-Fi to the Phantoms Wi-Fi with the RC and drone powered on and connected to begin the install.

Thanks for all your help. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my tablet and your process worked well. Got the firmware upgrade onto the tablet and it started upgrading RC and drone. However after about ten minutes it told me upgrade had failed. The green lights on the RC were all off so I guess it has lost its charge - which is weird since I've hardly used it. Am charging both and hope to complete. I'm quite tech savvy so this is frustrating.

Thanks for all your help. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my tablet and your process worked well. Got the firmware upgrade onto the tablet and it started upgrading RC and drone. However after about ten minutes it told me upgrade had failed. The green lights on the RC were all off so I guess it has lost its charge - which is weird since I've hardly used it. Am charging both and hope to complete. I'm quite tech savvy so this is frustrating.
You should have completely charged up everything (drone, remote and device) to 100% before you had begun. Also all three devices should be kept close by each other during the install and not disturbed during the process. I also do the install (after downloading the file) in a different room than my router is located, helping cut down on any possible wifi interference.

They were all fully charged but it did tell me the upgrade would take thirty minutes so I went into the garden. Anyway..... now complete so will take it for a test flight and report back. One last question. There is a plastic cap on the lens which seems to be a devil to remove. Don't want to force it. Thanks

Took it for a test flight ok. However the overall status on the DJI app is now blank. Once it told me I needed to update firmware and I note it should tell me I have the latest firmware. I've looked through several threads here and can't deem to find a solution.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31