Problems upgrading controller firmware

Reaction score
Hi. I have just got phantom 3 pro and am having huge problems upgrading firmware. I have tried everything I can think of and everything they seem to suggest on DJI website. When I plug micro sd into back of controller using sub adaptor all I get when I switch controller on is a light blue light that glows constantly. No beeping or anything even if left for 10 minutes plus. When I try to do the upgrade through the DJI go app it all downloads fine but when I go to upgrade it beeps for a few seconds with solid blue light then turns red and says upgrade failed. I noticed it also says old software unknown is this what's potentially causing me problems? I now can't connect phantom and controller. Any help great fully received. Many thanks Ben

Trying to update from too old software.

You need to update to older software first then to latest.

Trying to update from too old software.

You need to update to older software first then to latest.

robinb, any chance you could advice on my issue as well?
Yesterday I've tried to upgrade my controller. And I had a red light for about 3 minutes and after that some bips. Nothing was upgraded on controller.
Any advice?

Thanks

What version is your controller on ?
Also what version of the go app ?

Did the app tell you to reboot controller, did you get a failure message on the go app. ?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="robinb,[/QUOTE]

I'm new to it, so your questions make me fill dummy. :) Please advice

What version is your controller on?
I think it's v1.3.20 as I have upgraded it around February.

Also what version of the go app?
I'm using Samsung and not sure how to even check it.

Did the app tell you to reboot controller, did you get a failure message on the go app.?
Nope. I just followed instruction from youtube. Downloaded the latest Firmware v1.3.20 and started to upgrade. I have upgraded the bird, all good. But when I started updating controller I've got into trouble. I didn't used app

Ok, from what you say I think you are saying that you tried to update the controller using a USB memory stick. ?

That was the way to do it in the past, now, its all done via the app for the RC.

1) Make sure your go app is the latest from the play store.
2) Firmware is now on 1.8.
3) Once you have the that, switch on only the controller and you will get a status report pop up on screen. You should see, "software update available" Click that button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Reboot when finished and you should be done, you will get bleeping from the RC on the way, takes about 5 mins. Check the status on the app when finished.

Just be sure you also have the 1.8 version on your craft as well. Or the RC will not talk to it.

The firmware for the aircraft is on the dji website.

Reactions: igor.L

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj