Problems get worse......

Reaction score
I purchased a P3P 3 days ago and opened it up and the battery wont charge. I contacted the guy and he wants me to send him the battery{I have to pay shipping) then he will deal with DJI. I think being new he should give me a refund. My friend came by with a battery to see if there are other issues so he put the new software on it and the controller cause he did his about a week ago. he took it up and flew it for about 10 min and brought it back. He got it all set up for me when I resolved the battery issue. So he was looking at it and started shaking his head so I asked him what. He said you are plagued with the infamous stress cracks!!!!! Now mind you this thing has seen 10min of flight with cracks under the motor on one arm and a dead battery!!! I contacted him through Ebay to explain I want a refund do to this thing has multiple issues and this is unacceptable for being new. He tells me he will not refund my money and he was informed from Ebay to replace the battery through DJI and have me pay for shipping, and said I was making a faulty claim. I called Ebay and they said give him a few days to comply and if he doesn't then they will send me a shipping label and when the P3P gets back to him then they will refund my money. I am upset for him to cause he is out a defect P3P and out shipping money and more, but what do you do? The one that's really at fault is DJI with a crappy plastic frame that tons of people are having problems with and a battery that is sent to people in a deep discharge that cant be brought back.... Sorry people I'm just venting....loll :(

Battery will go bad if it's not charged for long. That happens if the package was kept with the supplier for long. DJI should mark a date of packaging with clear instructions to sell before date.

You are unlucky that shell has stress crack.

Also it's better to buy from Amazon or Best Buy or directly from DJI or a near supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Droneted
Battery will go bad if it's not charged for long. That happens if the package was kept with the supplier for long. DJI should mark a date of packaging with clear instructions to sell before date.

You are unlucky that shell has stress crack.

Also it's better to buy from Amazon or Best Buy or directly from DJI or a near supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I agree but the price was good and it was new in a sealed box. I have seen a heard a lot of people having this stress crack problem, but you would think after 1 flight for 10 min? Who knows it could have been there the whole time and I didn't see it.

Last edited:
It would be very unusual to have either of these issues in a new phantom, so maybe it isn't actually new but some kind of returned unit?
Private sellers might know little about the item and have no idea if it was as described.
Considering the relatively high cost of these, you are probably best sticking to reputable dealers - though most ebay sellers are genuine enough and a phantom with only a few careful flights might be a great deal.

It would be very unusual to have either of these issues in a new phantom, so maybe it isn't actually new but some kind of returned unit?
Private sellers might know little about the item and have no idea if it was as described.
Considering the relatively high cost of these, you are probably best sticking to reputable dealers - though most ebay sellers are genuine enough and a phantom with only a few careful flights might be a great deal.
All I know is it was described new with a seal on the box and the controller was sealed and everything seemed untouched. I've watched videos on You Tube and seen several post on this forum with the same problems. If it was a returned unit it was a great job re-packaging. I have seen people that flew it one time and it caused stress cracks and also seen people having the same problem with the battery, I just got lucky and got both WHAMOOO......lol

I agree but the price was good and it was new in a sealed box. I have seen a heard a lot of people having this stress crack problem, but you would think after 1 flight for 10 min? Who knows it could have been there the whole time and I didn't see it.
I'm sorry, but I have to ask, do you still think it was a good price, considering all of the hassle?

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, do you still think it was a good price, considering all of the hassle?

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app
If it wasn't a TERD than yeah. I payed 750 for it so where can you get it for that, definitely not best buy. it was a fluke and I'm treating as such. You have to remember some people don't have 1000 to buy the same thing that you can get for 750. In my honest opinion I think DJI has a good product but it has a lot of issues for this kind of price. I have a P3S and it flies great with a lot of mods. It seems that a lot of the problems are with the advanced and the pro series, so that tells me you don't always get what you pay for. I think I will save up and get the P4....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31