Problems following upgrade of assistant and firmware

Reaction score
I became the proud owner of a DJI Phantom 2 with all the toys midway through this week (Zenmuse G3-2D, mini iOSD, FPV and Ground Station). Got all working OK with the exception of Ground Station (I didn't add the data link pending the app store OKing it for the iPad.... Now that it has been approved, I have update the firmware as instructed but tested it prior to adding the data link. I have done all I can to recalibrate the compass and RC but have not been able to get the quad to respond to the RC and start up. All I get is one green LED followed by three reds, and no response to anything on the RC. I have upgraded the PT2 assistant to v2.0, all the various firmwares for each element are up-to-date, etc. Interestingly the RC responds to the RC assistant, but is erratic when doing similar tests etc in the PH2 assistant. I have not been able to get it to recalibrate the compass (OK for stage 1 but never goes beyond steady yellow blinks for stage 2), although all readings seems to be well within the expected ranges. Nor would I expect this to prevent take-off. I can therefore only assume that it is a problem with the binding of the RC to the quad. In desperation I have gone into the Naza assistant but still have not been able to unlock the problem. Any insight and advice very gratefully received!!

frogster said:
I became the proud owner of a DJI Phantom 2 with all the toys midway through this week (Zenmuse G3-2D, mini iOSD, FPV and Ground Station). Got all working OK with the exception of Ground Station (I didn't add the data link pending the app store OKing it for the iPad.... Now that it has been approved, I have update the firmware as instructed but tested it prior to adding the data link. I have done all I can to recalibrate the compass and RC but have not been able to get the quad to respond to the RC and start up. All I get is one green LED followed by three reds, and no response to anything on the RC. I have upgraded the PT2 assistant to v2.0, all the various firmwares for each element are up-to-date, etc. Interestingly the RC responds to the RC assistant, but is erratic when doing similar tests etc in the PH2 assistant. I have not been able to get it to recalibrate the compass (OK for stage 1 but never goes beyond steady yellow blinks for stage 2), although all readings seems to be well within the expected ranges. Nor would I expect this to prevent take-off. I can therefore only assume that it is a problem with the binding of the RC to the quad. In desperation I have gone into the Naza assistant but still have not been able to unlock the problem. Any insight and advice very gratefully received!!

I would suggest binding the controller to the quad by following these instructions.

Make sure Tx power is off
Power on Phantom
Push binding button underneath Phantom until light flashes (red I think)
Power Tx on
Light on Phantom should stop blinking. Binding complete.

Many thanks for your help PeteP - sadly it has not solved the problem. I have emailed the support guys at DJI and hope that they are working on a solution. I'll let you know.

Do the motors start when doing the CSC ?

Hi bernardb - not at all. Judging by the led indications the stick midpoint error is too large, but I have calibrated and re-calibrated countless times to no avail. Any ideas?? Many thanks for your help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl