Problems Flying In Heat?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been wanting to fly my P3 lately but have been holding off due to the high heat locally. The last 5 days have been north of a 105 F with today being near 115 F. Last summer I flew my older P2 V2 in temps around 102 and both Lipo Pack swelled up and where ruined. Has anyone else had issues with flying in heat? Anyone know if the P3 packs are just as susceptible to heat?

I know that the max operating temp per DJI is 104F/40C. I have flown in the low 100s without issue (with Air 2) but I wont fly over 104. Even though I'm sure there is some buffer in the specs, it's just too risky in my opinion.

I know that the max operating temp per DJI is 104F/40C. I have flown in the low 100s without issue (with Air 2) but I wont fly over 104. Even though I'm sure there is some buffer in the specs, it's just too risky in my opinion.

Yea I had issues under 104 last year that mainly why I was asking. When I had the swelling of my P2 Batts it was around 102, but I guess if you factor in the heat from the bird plus a few degrees give or take if the temp gauge was off it put me pretty close to the 104 mark. I'm guessing anything over 100 F isnt really safe to fly in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik