Problems downloading film from usb

Reaction score
After my first flight I got the drone home. Connected the pc to the drone via USB Cable. Downloaded from sim card to computer. Job done.

Today. Connected drone to computer. You can hear a background chime as I plug usb into computer. Then nothing. As though it does not recognise the drive.

Things I have tried.
Different USB cable.
Card out then back in again.
Switch drone off then on then plug in.
Computer off and back on.
re-loaded Downloaded DJI Windows drivers. Re-started computer.
Drone on drone off.
Restored computer to earlier time.
and half a dozen other things

Any suggestions?

Still awaiting mirco card adapter.

try a different computer so at least you can narrow down whether its your pc or your bird.

Also , have you tried to format the sd card with DJI-go app?

Try a different port first, sometimes I have to use the USB ports on the back of my computer rather than the ones at front. at least you have a usb adapter on the way.

Another computer is not practical.
Cannot format the SD till its empty. But I did format the card before I used the drone first off.
Tried two different ports. The computer chimes to say the usb is connected but then does nothing.

Cant wait to get the micro card adapters. Should have been here today.

You formatted with the app and not the computer?

Hope you got another SD card coming, I guess ether way you'll find the problem. Give us an update.

Reactions: Frankc
I have two 64gb coming, class 10. Will do :)

Where is P.N.Wet? Sounds like incontinence symptoms. ;)
I guess I should change it, Pacific North West
(NorthWet) = Winter
(NorthWindy) = Summer

Update.

The computer is recognising the Drone connection. If I go into Windows 7 - Control Panel - Devices and Printers. It shows up as USB Device on Com 3. But I still cannot access the SD card as I have done previously. If I click on it all it does is open up its properties.

Just to make sure you are not spacing out, You are hooking to the USB on the gimbal, not the phantom.

Reactions: Frankc
Just to make sure you are not spacing out, You are hooking to the USB on the gimbal, not the phantom.

Give that man a coconut! That's exactly what I was doing. I was plugging it in to the Drone, not the gimble. Photos sorted now on computer. Micro disc cleaned. 1.6 loaded onto it. Restarted drone and its is now, as I type this, updating itself.

If you would like to nip over to England I will buy you a pint :)

Thanks for that. I knew it would be something really simple! Thats why I love this type of forum.

You newbies:)
These things are a major learning curve and manuals are so clear. I had P2V+, and my P3S both defective and had to send them in for repair. Both of my units I received were newer than the instructions on the internet by about 3 weeks.

Well I am a much happier bunny now.

1. Firmware/software up to date on aircraft, controller and both batteries. V1.6
2. New SD Cards arrived. Formatted. Installed. 64gb of room now.
3. New battery arrived so have double the flying time.

Beginner's Tip.

If you look at the bottom left corner of the DJI go app you will see a small map. Which obviously points out where you have been. What I also noticed for the first time today was an orange straight line. If you turn your aircraft to point along that line it is the shortest way back to the Homepoint. So you no longer have to sit and think which way is home? Before someone chirps up yes you can use the RTH button too to get back. We are talking orientation here. Sometimes you do not want to return, just know where home is.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj