Problems Connecting to Phantom

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new phantom pilot and was attempting to upgrade the firmware on my Phantom 1. I initially tried using my pc for the update and installed:

Software asst
Driver

I then turned on remote, plugged battery into phantom then connected to computer and opened software. When connecting to computer I am hearing a ding sound indicating there has been a connection made via usb, but the software assistant is not showing any device connected.

I also have a mac and installed the software assistant and repeated the connection sequence above, but the assistant is still not connecting.

Can anyone offer any advice here? I am at a loss

Check where your USB cable connects to the led module. If loose push it on further. Also check and reinstall your driver. Actually do that first.

Ozzyguy said:
Check where your USB cable connects to the led module. If loose push it on further. Also check and reinstall your driver. Actually do that first.

Opening the case it seems that the usb cable is factory glued to the frame where it connects to the led module.

Also tried reinstalling driver, no luck with either :/

Ozzyguy said:
Push on that connection anyway and make sure it's good. While you have the top off

Thanks! I ended up figureing out the problem. It was a driver issue. I used a usb extender to hook up to my computer and for some reason it was not working correctly.

I ended up hooking my laptop up directly to the usb cable (I did not do this initially since the cable barely sticks out of the battery door).

Does anyone have any solutions to extending the usb cable so I don't have to hold my laptob 1 inch from the battery door when connecting to the phantom??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20