Problems connecting to my Phantom with a new device

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have been flawlessly using my Phantom 3 Advanced along side my iPhone 6plus for around a month now. I recently purchased an iPad Air 2, due to the bigger display but I have encountered a problem where I cannot connect to the Phantom. I have tried to read other threads online but they have unfortunately, not helped.

Some information to note is;

* I have tried 4 different cables, two of which are official Apple cables
* The DJI Go app appears to be fully up to date on my iPad
* iOS is up to date
* The Phantom still connects with zero issues, to my iPhone / controller
* I have noticed that I do not get a prompt to 'trust this device' when I connect my iPad to my controller. (I am wondering if this is possibly the problem).
* I have factory reset the iPad, just out of the chance that it would fix the problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

try restarting the ipad while it is connected to the controller. Sometimes you have to close the DJI Go app and re-open it too.

try restarting the ipad while it is connected to the controller. Sometimes you have to close the DJI Go app and re-open it too.

I have just tried that and have had no success. I still find it strange that it doesn't request to trust the controller, like my iPhone does. (Using the same cable)

Would I perhaps need to reset the devices which are currently linked to the controller? (If that's at all possible)

Thanks

Last edited:
check inside the connector on the ipad and see if there might be dust or lint in there.

I've checked both and they're both clear. I only purchased the iPad today so I thought the issue may be related to outdated software but It doesn't appear to be.

I have the same problem with my P4 - works fin with my iPhone 6 but not with my new iPad air 2 64gb... :-(

Have you had any luck finding a resolution to the problem? I'm totally stuck in regards to what other steps I could try. The only camera button I am able to press, is the one available when I have the Phantom 3 standard, selected.

Ive not no. works fine in my iPhone 6 and the Mrs's iPad Gen 4 but not my iPad air 2.
My phone and iPad are on the latest versions of iOS and DJI Go...
Have formatted the SD card and tried another, have swapped out the cables.
Stumped...

I just get a white 'How to connect' button instead of a blue 'Camera' button...

Loosing the will to live now... Thanks DJI, oh and thanks also for shipping the 2 spare batteries I ordered a week ago...not!

Unimpressed

Right sorted it...
Signed up to apple beta testing and installed iOS 9.3.2beta
Easy and thanks to one of the guys on the dpi forum.

Can sign up here Apple Beta Software Program

However its a beta so may not act predictably - but hay i can fly now :)

Hope that helps
Jim

Reactions: RK5635
Right sorted it...
Signed up to apple beta testing and installed iOS 9.3.2beta
Easy and thanks to one of the guys on the dpi forum.

Can sign up here Apple Beta Software Program

However its a beta so may not act predictably - but hay i can fly now :)

Hope that helps
Jim

Thanks very much for the info Jim. I've updated to the iOS beta and everything now seems to be working like normal!

Thank you to everyone for your help!

Try to restore the iPad in iTunes so it installs the latest version of iOS, which is 9.3.1 currently, and set it up as new after the restore. Beta software might not be as stable as released one.

Reactions: dupin
I tried twice to restore the iPad and then set it up as new but unfortunately I didn't have any success.

I haven't ran into any issues whilst using the beta version on my iPad as of yet but I am still quite hestitant to try and fly the phantom whilst running a beta version of iOS.

I tried twice to restore the iPad and then set it up as new but unfortunately I didn't have any success.

I haven't ran into any issues whilst using the beta version on my iPad as of yet but I am still quite hestitant to try and fly the phantom whilst running a beta version of iOS.
Are you using the latest versions of the AC, RC, and the DJI Go app?

Yes, everything was up to date. When previously using my iPhone I didn't run into any problems, on my current RC and AC firmware versions. I also triple checked everything twice before I attempted to use the phantom via the beta iOS version (Which is currently working correctly).

There is a new version of DJI Go app (2.7.2) that just came out. You might want to give it a try.

I updated the DJI app two nights ago and have flown the P3 twice since then. Currently I've not had any problems since, for me personally the update seems to have corrected my issue.

Hopefully the other members are able to figure out what their issue is. It would appear that there's no set solution to fixing the problem..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20