Problems after shell swap...

Reaction score
I -know- I have satellite lock. Bird flashes green and it stays put in the air despite it being very windy today.

BOTH the FPV Booster and the DJI apps are not picking up the battery or showing satellites or any other data. It DOES record video from both apps but I have to do it manually.

I did a shell swap and this started happening after the swap so it has to be me screwing up somewhere.

Any ideas what to look for?

What phantom do you have?
( vision or plus ? )

If vision ( check your white plug in camera )
Sometimes LOOKS tight, when SLIGHTLY UNPLUGED!

If plus
Check wi-fi module ( loose wires, ect ) may be damaged
Did you crash? Why the swap?

ALSO, try deleting and reinstalling app!

( check firmware versions, might have older app with newer firmware? )

Take care, keep us posted!
J Dot

If you have the P2V+ your symptoms are consistent with the cables going into the gimbal base not seated properly.
Check the 3 cables that come sown from the Phantom and see they are all properly pushed into their connectors above the camera.

My bird is the Vision+ v3. Yes, I crashed it which is why I did the shell swap. I also broke the ESC and had to bust out the soldering gun to replace that. I already posted it on this board in a different thread but if you haven't seen it yet... here's the crash. It's pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYVkg6hnGc

Anyway, I deleted and reinstalled the apps. Rebinded the WiFi. Nothing fixed it until I looked at the "locking" connector to the gimbal. The one that locks into place. One point in the four wire connector was not pushed in. It was damaged from the crash. The gimbal flew out.

My glorious bird is back in the air now.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.