Problem with unlocking a no fly areas

Reaction score
Hi guys

I live in South Africa and wanted to fly close to an old international airport, which is not in use anymore and the new airport is far away. For some reason DJI have this airport as a no fly zone. I have made contact with them about this but it seems they tell you how to unlock the area to fly there and don't remove the no fly zone. Even unlocking it would be fine but I cant seem to get this right. Apparently they have unlocked the area for my drone but it doesn't seem I can use this as I fly with an Android device and to unlock it you have to use an IOS device. I then asked what I can do and they said the only option is that IOS app or using flight planner to unlock it manually but then told me that South Africa is not one of the listed countries for the flight planner facility.

Is there a way past this, even if I have roll the firmware back, disconnect the GPS or use tin foil over the top of the craft? What ever will work. I am very happy to fly the P3P or P4 in manual mode in all attitudes.

Thanks for any help
Regards
Jase

Hi I cant find the Geo settings, which menu is that in? Will that be on the Android device as well?

I'll take a look but don't think the flight planner will work as my country is not on the list of countries that facility is for.

Thanks for your help

Jase

It is here:
Capture.PNG

Thanks, I don't have that on my menu so I'm guessing its because I'm on Android

I am on android too, but it is last version.
Capture.PNG

I have never heard it would be matter of location or language settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers