problem with the camera,I hit a tree and when my drone hit the ground,the gimble broke off.

Reaction score
I hit a tree and when my drone hit the ground,the camera was ripped off,and the gimble broke in two. I had another gimble from a p3a,so i switched some parts,even used the ribbon wire. But when I start my machine back up,the camera seemed to work,does its little dance,but i have no video feed nor control of the gimble. Even on the screen of the go app,I cant even go into the menue for the camera and gimble. Like its not there. Does anybody have any ideas what the problem may be. Maybey my other ribbon wire wasnt any good,or is there some other reason,like it not reckonizing the parts from the other gimble. I would apprieciate any ideas,thanks

You put a p3a gimble on a p3p? You may need to do a firmware flash. A & P run different firmware.

Another thing to look at is the connector on the lightbridge board. Easily damaged with a camera detachment on impact.

You put a p3a gimble on a p3p? You may need to do a firmware flash. A & P run different firmware.

Another thing to look at is the connector on the lightbridge board. Easily damaged with a camera detachment on impact.
well the only thing that came from the other gimble was one of the motors,and the ribbon wire,but when i tried to do an update,i cant,i get the measage that it failed,lots of thing have a ,Cant rekonize part. meassage.

well the only thing that came from the other gimble was one of the motors,and the ribbon wire,but when i tried to do an update,i cant,i get the measage that it failed,lots of thing have a ,Cant rekonize part. meassage.
Ok, do your looking at OFDM board connector, ribbon cables and perhaps gimble board as suspects. Very frustrating I know when there are multiple variables.

Do you know anyone who will let you try their camera assembly as a troubleshooting start,

Ok, do your looking at OFDM board connector, ribbon cables and perhaps gimble board as suspects. Very frustrating I know when there are multiple variables.

Do you know anyone who will let you try their camera assembly as a troubleshooting start,
no i dont , but do you think that it could be ,being a different motor,i should also change the board wich controls that motor. I was thinking maybe that each motor has it own brains sort of thing,not being paired together or what not..

I have several cameras. If u are in central Florida you could come over and try one. It could be several things. You need to verify the drone itself is ok and then fix the camera if needed. I would be glad to help. I repair lots of cameras

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have several cameras. If u are in central Florida you could come over and try one. It could be several things. You need to verify the drone itself is ok and then fix the camera if needed. I would be glad to help. I repair lots of cameras

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ya thanks,but im in canada. I was wondering though if it could be the fact that i changed the motor,but not the board that was with that motor. Could it be you think,maybe every motor has its own board. The drone seemed to be fine,it even flew right after. But i did go through it all anyway. Its just the camera now that im having a problem with. And since i did an update,well i did one on my remote control ,the bird wouldnt work,keeps saying cannot detect this and that,but since then i cant fly the ird anymore because the remote and the bird dont have the same updates. So ya,do you think that could be my problem,the fact that i didnt change the board also. And if it is the case,is there any program that i could download to remedy this proble? Thanks again for your offer,and i would appreciate any advise you or anyone could give me.

You need a working camera to update the drone. I don't think it is the motor board. but can't be sure. If that board works it should work with the motor. When you updated the remote and not the bird, that keeps it from flying. I would send the camera to someone tone checked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers