Problem with P2V on Motor Startup

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this problem?

When I put the sticks on the controller down to engage the motors sometimes one or two of the motors are rotating at a much higher rpm than the other two. If I have the P2V on the ground this results in it flipping over. This has happened about 4 times now and I have gone though all 8 propellers. Many times if I take the battery out of the P2V and put it back in it is OK the next time, but now always.

This happens in GPS or ATTI mode.

This has happened with and without the compass calibrated before the flight.
I loaded up the Assistant Software and all MOD & GAIN values are normal.

So now what I do is startup the motors while holding the landing gear of the P2V so if it happens I can just hold onto it and prevent it from flipping over.

I also have all the latest updates.

Any ideas?

It only does it sometimes. Sometimes it is fine and works flawless but sometimes it just starts up with two motors going faster. It is always the same two going faster. After a reboot all is well again usually. If it is the motors wouldn't it happen all the time and not just once in a while?

Could it be the phantom trying to fly to the signal coming directly after the CSC?

I pull the sticks down and then toward each other (well, more directly to the corners) but once the motors arm, maybe it's reading that I'm telling it the move to the left and backwards (and descending while yawing to the right).

When I arm and disarm the motors, I generally do the CSC quite quickly to avoid sending any directional signal to the phantom. When I have a little more spare time I'll just hold the throttle down at 0% until the motors shut off, if I want the props to stop ASAP ill do a CSC as soon as it touches down (you'll be surprised how quickly curious kids will go running towards it once its on the ground, even if its still spinning!)

I had thus happen today. I was taking off from a concrete pad in my brothers yard. After one of the landings when I went to take off after switching battery the two front motors revved up faster and the two rear blades kissed the concrete.

I went to grass and it did the same thing. Calibrated compass and everything went back to normal. I have a feeling the rebar in the concrete through the compass out of wack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't crash the P2V. I thought it might be the same thing with concrete so I tried it in a couple of different locations. One was in my bedroom. After performing a CSC 2 motors were reved up faster than the other two and the props made it flip. They stay rotating fast even after releasing the stick after the CSC, when it should be all 4 motors are spinning the same speed as for a hover. I can usually get it to be OK by shutting it down and rebooting everything. I have the latest updated firmware for everything so I wonder if there is a more widespread problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20