Problem with new Phantom

Reaction score
Just taken receipt of a new Phantom. I can't get the motors to run what am I doing wrong? I took it out of the box assembled landing gear and props charged battery . I turn on transmitter, connect the charged Li po battery, the craft immediately plays its tune and I then did the compass config after which I waited for the light to just flash regular green. when I try to fly there is no response to any controls from the transmitter. I have plugged it in and done an IMU calibration thro the software, still nothing. any ideas
Cheers
Ian ( Liverpool UK )

Thank you for the prompt reply, I feel such a fool .you got the problem in one .i hadn't initialized the motors with the sticks
Thanks again
A foolish Ian in Liverpool UK

Ian, I bet we were all giddy and impatient when we first unboxed our phantoms, but it's best to go through the manual before doing your first flight! :D

Ianb said:
Thank you for the prompt reply, I feel such a fool .you got the problem in one .i hadn't initialized the motors with the sticks
Thanks again
A foolish Ian in Liverpool UK

:lol: I did the same thing except I screwed something up and it would only start with sticks down and left.

I had to re install the firmware and recalibrate everything before it worked right. I still don't know what I did wrong.

peter nap said:
:lol: I did the same thing except I screwed something up and it would only start with sticks down and left.

I had to re install the firmware and recalibrate everything before it worked right. I still don't know what I did wrong.

I have the same thing with my Phantom, where the sticks have to be down and to the left. I've done the calibration a couple times, and it is still the same thing.

Does it matter????

From the quick start guide:

Attachments

• A Startup.jpg
    A Startup.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 495
Buk said:

Yes, I've seen this when I first went through the manual prior to my first flight. However, the only direction that starts the motors is both down and left. None of the other combinations start the motor...

mntnmike said:
Buk said:

Yes, I've seen this when I first went through the manual prior to my first flight. However, the only direction that starts the motors is both down and left. None of the other combinations start the motor...
Interesting. I have a Futaba 8J TX/RX, and the only combination that I've tried, was both sticks down and towards each other-works like a charm. But, you have to advance the throttle within 3 seconds, or it powers down.
It never occurred to me to try any different direction, because on the DJI video's, that's the way they show how to do it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20