Problem with live stream on phone from drone camera

It might not be a CMOS error your getting it might be a camera firmware error. Both errors will flash red on the camera, one faster than the other.

What i would do again is a clean install of the FC200 firmware. Format the SD card so it's clean then download & unzip the file, place it in the root directory on the SD card. Also do me a favour make sure the camera cable is pushed as far as it will go into the back of the camera, sometimes they are not fitted correctly.

The below is the latest firmware version spec for our camera.

DJI FC200 Camera V1.1.9 2014-01-20

Also check the below release notes from DJI before installing the firmware again.;)

Major New Features:
Thank you for your patience !
The latest camera firmware v1.1.9 now supports Adobe DNG RAW format capturing. It also records the GPS location and relative attitude in the metadata of the Adobe DNG RAW file. DJI will keep working hard on improving the quality of the RAW file and providing the best aerial photography solution to our customers. Thank you for your constant support !
Update Procedures:
Follow the below instructions to update your firmware.
a) Download the latest camera firmware and unzip it.
b) Get a clean Micro-SD card (less than or equals to 32GB), and copy the °∞firmware.bin°± file to the root folder of the Micro-SD card.
c) Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera before turning it on.
d) Turn on the camera.
e) The firmware update will begin automatically. A yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
f) When the yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the °∞firmware.bin°± file°Øs name will change to °∞firmware.bin.bak00°±. This file on the card can now be deleted.
Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera or take out the Micro-SD card. This may prevent your camera from switching on and will need a factory reset.
b) A fast red flashing LED on the camera after the update means the update has failed. Please try again.
c) You need to use the latest DJI Vision App (iOS App: v1.0.32; Android App: v1.0.38).
Well, like all the other times i tried to insert the SD card with fresh firmware file the same happened again. The light just keeps blink red slowly. So that didn't help.

Can i ask how i reflash the memory on the camera only? I cant find anything about factory resetting it and i believe i need that...

We have avoided wifi. The lightbridge system is far more superior in quality view and dependability. It's worth spending extra $ for LightBridge.
FlyByVideoPros.com

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, like all the other times i tried to insert the SD card with fresh firmware file the same happened again. The light just keeps blink red slowly. So that didn't help.

Right 1st off take your SD card & format it in your PC. Load the new firmware onto the card & refit back into the camera.

Make sure the camera is turned off 1st, fit the card then turn the camera back on.:)

We have avoided wifi. The lightbridge system is far more superior in quality view and dependability. It's worth spending extra $ for LightBridge.
FlyByVideoPros.com

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
that wont help as this has nothing to do with the wifi. My current problem is that the camera has some software faults that i still have not found a solution for. And how much do that kind of stuff cost?

Right 1st off take your SD card & format it in your PC. Load the new firmware onto the card & refit back into the camera.

Make sure the camera is turned off 1st, fit the card then turn the camera back on.:)
That is exactly what i did.

Reactions: FlyByVideoPros
Ok so it's slow. Like what you said earlier it looks like a CMOS error.

I don't have the answer to that error & don't know how to factory reset the phantom. I'll also do some searching to see if I can find anything out.

It might also be worth pinging DJI a email & asking them about a factory reset.

I'm off out now for a while so I'll catch you later. Got to pick the boss (wife) up;)

One last thing before a go it's defiantly the red led on the camera that's flashing red & not the rotor arm LEDs?

Sorry for the stupid question but I had to ask;)

One last thing before a go it's defiantly the red led on the camera that's flashing red & not the rotor arm LEDs?

Sorry for the stupid question but I had to ask;)
It's only the camera that is flashing red. The drone itself is acting normally and is still flying just fine with normal LED signals on the arms. It's just not the same without a working camera :(...

Right ok;) sorry I had to ask that question, some people mistake the arm LEDs for the camera LED.......

Right so we have a slow blinking red light on the back of the camera by the main pin lead.

One last thing before I go, do you set the power switch for the camera right the way across to the on position,

There's three modes on the back of the camera, = off, cam on then cam/wifi on.

I know it's right the way across but again I need to ask the question.

Right I'm out of here, she'll kill me if I'm late:eek:

Right ok;) sorry I had to ask that question, some people mistake the arm LEDs for the camera LED.......

Right so we have a slow blinking red light on the back of the camera by the main pin lead.

One last thing before I go, do you set the power switch for the camera right the way across to the on position,

There's three modes on the back of the camera, = off, cam on then cam/wifi on.

I know it's right the way across but again I need to ask the question.

Right I'm out of here, she'll kill me if I'm late:eek:
Yes i got that switch. And yes it's the light right above the pin on the back of the camera im talking about. The switch on the camera is on the right (Wifi On)

Just found this from a very large thread.

Copied & paste For ya.

I hope I can shed some light on to this subject. I got my quad in December and quickly updated the camera firmware to 1.1.9 Everything worked great. I put it away for a couple of weeks and went out to fly (cold weather grounded me). At that time, I had the dreaded "black screen". Everything worked except for the live video feed. I could control the camera pitch, take photos and videos, see the telemetry...everything was normal except I couldn't see the live feed. Grrr. I took it up and fly it blindly and the videos and photos were normal. They looked great. However, it's nerve wracking to be flying blindly.
So, I hit the internet and looked for a solution. It seems there are hundreds of people with the same problem and nobody really had an answer. I refused to believe my wifi card had mysteriously crapped out, sitting in it's case. It just had to be either a software problem or some other problem. I researched and researched. I even found out that the p2v+ has the wifi card in the main body while the p2v has the wifi card in the camera unit. I was thisclose to buying a new camera unit (fc200) just to solve this problem. Thank God I didn't! After reading this forum and many others...and trying lots of variations, I've finally figured it out. Well, maybe not everyone's problems...but, I figured out mine. And, maybe this will work for you too. I had downloaded the firmware update back in December and it worked then. I had downloaded it 4 other times since then, and I used the latest version every time I downloaded (not sure if that was a detriment or had no bearing whatsoever). Regardless...I decided to go back to the original firmware download I did, back in December. I dug around until I found the micro SD card that came with it and used that, EXACTLY the way the DJI video suggested. I formatted it using the Vision app in the quad. Next, I unzipped the original firmware download and copied the bin file to the micro SD card. I then took the card and inserted it into the camera (with the camera in the 'camera on' position and the quad powered off). I then powered up the quad and let it install the firmware. Once I had a green light, I powered off the quad. I then powered up the quad and confirmed I had a green light on the camera. I powered off the quad and removed the card. I'm using the same card that came with it, only because I'm paranoid another card might screw it up again.
With the camera loaded with the firmware, I've come up with the following sequence and it works for me.
1. Turn off the data on your phone (disable 4G)
2. Turn on airplane mode
3. Turn off wifi
4. Power on transmitter
5. Power on wifi extender
6. Power on quad(battery pack)
7. Turn on the camera from the "off" position to the "wifi on" position
8. Turn on wifi on phone
9. Find Phantom on the wifi list and connect to the Phantom
10. Turn on Vision app on phone.
You should now be able to click on the camera and see a live video feed from your camera.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Just a quick note,

What firmware version did you update the camera to?

Don't know if you know this but the FC200 on the P2V is V1.1.9

There is also one for the Vision +, same camera name (FC200) but a different version, this is V1.3.1G. Please tell me you didn't use this one?

Just a quick note,

What firmware version did you update the camera to?

Don't know if you know this but the FC200 on the P2V is V1.1.9

There is also one for the Vision +, same camera name (FC200) but a different version, this is V1.3.1G. Please tell me you didn't use this one?
I updated to latest firmware on the download side for the Vision (not +) Here Phantom 2 Vision - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI
So no. it didn't have a G. And how can i format the SD card in the drone when i cant even get a connection to it (because of that error). I was also using the SD card that came with the drone. Im going to take a closer look in some of these threads.

I didn't find much by that search. i took the search closer to write in CMOS error. Found one thread only about it and he did not even get any response or replies on what to do P2V FC200 Camera CMOS Error | DJI Phantom Forum. And none of the things you have told can help because
1. I got CMOS error.
2. Because of that my cam is refusing to accept any updates.
3. I cant reformat the SD card via the drone because of the CMOS prevents me to have any connection with camera.
4. I have stil not found any answer to how i can factory reset the camera itself. Only found threads with people mentioning reflashing the camera memory but none telling HOW i can REFLASH it.
5 CMOS error has so far only taken me to other threads on different webites, most is about vision+ with no working solution, even people who returned them because they didn't find any answer how to fix it.
It's kinda weird. One update bricked the camera and no solution has yet been found. The last update I did before the CMOS DEATH came was done just like in the manual. Turned off camera. cleaned SD card, put in the update bin file to root folder. Put it in the drone, turned it on. Camera indicated updating with yellow light. It turned green as it was successful. Then i turned the drone off and then took the SD card in my computer. The bin file had .bak00 behind the name as it was done successful. then i took the SD card back in the drone. turned on the drone and suddenly the cam had RED indicator and refuses to work. And now it is just like that every time i turn it on. And nothing we have come with so far has been able to fix it. Guess i will just sell it with note faulty cam because the drone do at least work and i cant return it anywhere as this was a present. I will try some guy in a local store nearby and ask if he got some solutions if i cant get any here. If i dont find any solutions i will just sell the drone with a note that the cam is faulty. Maybe someone has the money and will the just change the whole cam and fix it but not me because the drone itself works just fine but it's not the same without the camera. And then get something else that actually works without these fragile faulty systems. this is bad on the DJI sides part. And i have searched the web for 2-3 days without any information on how i should Factory Reset the Camera... I may sound mad now and that is because i have spent several days trying to fix something that should not happen in the first place. when you get a product it is supposed to work and not get faults by these small things when you do them right.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1