Problem with Litchi App on Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
I am using the Litchi App with a Phantom 3 Professional. For some just before the most recent firmware upgrade, the camera controls started mis-behaving while in waypoints mode.

Symptoms are:
- The video recordings will just stop after 3-5 secs.
- The time-lapse still photos stop firing at the preset interval.

Has anyone had these issues?

I have updated the firmware. I have deleted and reinstalled both Litchi and DJI GO on the Samsung S2 Tablet I am using. Shooting with the DJI GO App works fine.

The problem started after i shot off over 1000 still photos and the SD card automatically created additional media folders. I have tried to delete these folders but they keep reappearing. I have reformatted the SD card and the problem persists.

Any help would be most appreciated. I am at an utter loss for what to do.

Last edited:
Just curious, did you do the reformat in the app or on your computer? Use the app, deletes, reformat done on the computer don't always 'take' in the app. Remember, a reformat doesn't actually remove anything, it just resets pointers that make the system think the card is empty. Your bird may be seeing this old directory and think the card is full - that will cause the recording to shut off.

Have you posted the issue to litchi support?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just curious, did you do the reformat in the app or on your computer? Use the app, deletes, reformat done on the computer don't always 'take' in the app. Remember, a reformat doesn't actually remove anything, it just resets pointers that make the system think the card is empty. Your bird may be seeing this old directory and think the card is full - that will cause the recording to shut off.

I did reformat using the litchi app. The problem persisted. =o(

Have you tried using a different SD card? This would isolate where the error is.

Reactions: Richard Walker
To close the loop on this, the problem was indeed the sd card. I replaced with a new one and the issue was resolved. Many thanks for your help.

To close the loop on this, the problem was indeed the sd card. I replaced with a new one and the issue was resolved. Many thanks for your help.
No problem. Good to see you isolated the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj