Problem with GPS

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently purchased a Phantom 2 Vision+ and asked that I help him get it set up. I used the DJI software and did a firmware update and advanced calibration. When calibrating the compass before flying, it flashed green after making the horizontal circle, but after doing the vertical 360, it flashed green for a couple of seconds then flashed red. I then shut down the quad...then fired it back up. The GPS system eventually locked into enough satellites and began flashing green. I flew it for about 3 minutes, then made a landing. I was about to take it back in the air when it started flashing red. The battery strength was at 80%. The outside temperature was 33 degrees fahrenheit. I have never experienced anything like that with my phantom 2. Also, when I start up the vision plus machine, it doesn't make as many beeps as when my phantom 2 is turned on. I was wondering if anyone could assist me? Thanks!

Martycox51 said:
A friend of mine recently purchased a Phantom 2 Vision+ and asked that I help him get it set up. I used the DJI software and did a firmware update and advanced calibration. When calibrating the compass before flying, it flashed green after making the horizontal circle, but after doing the vertical 360, it flashed green for a couple of seconds then flashed red. I then shut down the quad...then fired it back up. The GPS system eventually locked into enough satellites and began flashing green. I flew it for about 3 minutes, then made a landing. I was about to take it back in the air when it started flashing red. The battery strength was at 80%. The outside temperature was 33 degrees fahrenheit. I have never experienced anything like that with my phantom 2. Also, when I start up the vision plus machine, it doesn't make as many beeps as when my phantom 2 is turned on. I was wondering if anyone could assist me? Thanks!

Check the compass values in the assistant.

Jeremy James

Green and red rapid flashes could mean you are near a restricted or no fly zone. Is there an airport or a point of interest that prohibitted zone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj