Problem with Gimbal Feiyu mini-3D

Reaction score
I'm so happy with my first P2V+ converted to external gimbal and camera using the phantoms wifi and app, that I'm slowly converting my second P2V+ to the same system, and I'll sell the original camera and gimbal after.

I've found a cool gimbal the Feiyu mini-3D:
$_35.JPG

It was at a cool price on ebay, and they ship from Europe so its good for me. I bough it.

Problem is.. it does not seam to work.
Right at power up, it starts to droop to the side.. and never straightens.
Check video:

-I'm using a GoPro Hero4 Back. It says its compatible, but just like Zenmuse, the balance is off. It should be no problem, but if I remove the GoPros battery, its stays leveled and the problem persists, so that is not an issue.

-Firmware update does not helped.

- another problem: I can't get video out with the provided connector. I can with a 3ed party one.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you.

As said in the manual, you must initialize the gimbal!
"Keep the gimbal motionless, then power on, keep the gimbal steady and it will initialize automatically. Once complete the camera will be level with the horizon in pitch and roll angles and it will be in Heading Follow Mode".

Hey, so I'm losing my mind with an even more simple issue...HOW do you even turn it on? Get power to it? Nowhere in the instructions that came with the 6-mount 3d mention how to plug it in to the Phantom 2. Right now it's just swiveling loose - forget initializing if I can't get power to it?

I can't find a single mention or video of how to just connect power anywhere on the web.
B&H was out of the Zenmuse combo, so we got this instead. At this point I'm so frustrated I don't care about pitch or tilt, I just want the **** thing to stiffen up so it's not wobbling all over. I need to get shots of real estate! Thanks in advance

I have a 6 mount gimbal, which has worked well so far. only pitch controll isn't great. On my DJI transmitter I get full up pitch into the bottom of the craft, but only 45 degrees down pitch. Can't understand it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20