Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Problem with downlink after camera replacement.

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by fin032, Oct 31, 2015.

1. fin032

Sent the p3p away to have the gimbal/camera replaced for the drifting horizon. When it came back with new camera I had to update the aircraft firmware again. After the update I tested the downlink out in the house. For the first few minutes everything worked perfect. Even with airplane off it worked fine with the iPhone 6 Plus. I always had to turn airplane mode on before. I was happy for that few minutes before something went wrong and the screen went blocky and out of colour. I tried Everything I could think of including trying android devices and checking any plugs I could see. ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446302693.213593.jpg Video from the SD card is fine.

As I couldn't work out what went wrong I just sent it back to the shop.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with the downlink? Screen shot attached.

2. flyNfrank

Obviously if the problem was there in both operating systems it was a hardware issue.

3. fin032

Yeah it's not the device. It's just weird how it was working fine for the first few minutes. Maybe the new gimbal/camera just development a fault.

4. flyNfrank

I have seen that type of issue get fixed with adjusting something in the firmware. And I also have seen it be a simple lack of connection issue in the flat ribbon cable.

5. jerseybiz

I'm running IOS 9.0.2 and I ran into the screen disruption yesterday. I was using the alert for overexposure option and just chalked it up to that. Now I'm thinking this is more serious.

6. fin032

No sure what went wrong jersey. Just waiting on word back from Heliguy. Have you got a screen shot?

7. fin032

Just got word back from Heliguy. Looks like the brand new Camera/Gimbal developed a fault. They have put a 2nd new Camera/Gimbal on the unit and gave it a full test. Over all good service from Heliguy. Just a shame about the faulty new part.